What should I do next

(8 posts)
  1. Bedbugcalella

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Apr 30 2018 18:51:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I went on holiday to Calella and stayed in an infested hotel room and also inadvertently brought the bugs home. I did not visually spot any bugs in the hotel room but kept getting bites. I put out DE all over and last week when I went on holiday to America I noticed I stopped getting new bites. When I came home to UK I started getting bites again.

Today while vacuuming I noticed 2 adult bedbugs on my sofa cushions. I immediately killed them and have informed. My landlord, who has not yet replied to me.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to avoid getting more bites/exterminate the bugs on my own? I have vacuumed all over my room and so far these 2 bugs are the only ones I've seen. Could there be more hiding?

Feels really gross please help

Pictures of the bed bugs : bedbugs

2. Bedbugcalella

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 2:07:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Quick update my landlord will be sending someone in to inspect today. Last night I woke up around 3am and found and killed a bigger semi fed instar on my duvet. Think it was biting my face.

3. HifromChi

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 10:47:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Make sure you keep the specimens you've found so you can show the PCO.

If you're going to continue to travel while you have an active infestation, please make sure you're taking the proper precautions to not spread them to places you stay and visit. They are fantastic hitchhikers, as you know.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 12:00:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you vacuuming up DE? It will ruin the vacuum cleaner. DE takes 2 weeks or so to work, so you will be bitten until all dead. The PCO should do a better job now that one will come over.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Bedbugcalella

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 17:13:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I am using a holife handheld vacuum. How should I clean it instead - sweep/mop? My thermalstrike ranger arrived today and I'm nuking every piece of luggage before I leave the house.

The worst part is im hardly getting any sleep worrying about bugs crawling all over me. How do you guys get over the anxiety? Sleep with the lights on?

6. Pattycake

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 22:25:23
    #

Login to Send PM

A boat load of Benadryl...lol...seriously helps with the bites , itch and sleep.

7. Bedbugcalella

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 9 2018 13:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok guys update today pco came we turned the bed and sofa inside out and there was not a single bug or any evidence to be found. If it weren't for my 3 live samples pco told me we wouldn't even have treated. We put DE all over the bed and sofa and installed 2 passive plus monitors. I'm supposed to monitor the situation for now. Do you think it's possible i actually killed all of them?

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 9 2018 13:41:47
    #

Login to Send PM

You've found live bed bugs on both your bed and couch. The most recent find was a juvenile. A clutch of eggs can be eight or ten or twelve, somewhere in that range. A single egg would be odd; I'd suspect the rest of that brood are somewhere.
    Monitoring is a very good idea.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,803 posts in 45,878 topics over 139 months by 20,203 of 21,008 members. Latest: tryingtoidenti, ieve2002, scarz12