What Now? 3rd Failed Heat Treatment

(5 posts)
  1. whatnow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Dec 8 2015 23:12:04
    #

Login to Send PM

We discovered BBs in early October. We live in a single family home and believe they were brought in on a suitcase as they were concentrated in a guestroom. We have had 3 full house heat treatments that have failed (first 2 with one company, 3rd with a new company). We discovered the "fail" immediately after the first two treatments so were hopeful 3rd time was the charm. Now we are experiencing bites and seeing new evidence. Due to a number of factors, I do not believe re-introduction is the issue. I believe Company #2 will retreat. Why do heat treatments fail in single family homes and what can we do to prevent another failure? What additional steps can we take to try to ensure success? I need this nightmare to end.

2. Bedofnightmares

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 9 2015 2:21:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Are they only doing heat? My PCO is also using poison of some kind. We had our second tangent last Tuesday and I've found more bugs ands gotten bit since. According to the PCO it's just the way it goes. They are hard to get rid of and unless the heat is applied directly on where the bugs are located they won't die. If there are hidden eggs that don't get directly blasted they went be sterilized. So they put down the product as well in hopes that the bugs will walk on it. Apparent it takes three,four, five and so on treatments to get through all the hatching cycles.
    Anyway I understand how you feel. It's completely devastating and horrible.
    My house sitter brought them to us.
    I've been bug hunting nightly and picking bugs and eggs out of the bed as a way to be proactive. It makes me sick as I hate bugs. We also don't bring anything in or out of the room that we don't have to.
    Our third treatment is on Friday. I hope it can be our last one but it doesn't seem likely.

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Dec 9 2015 9:35:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the house on a slab? Where ever two sections of concrete exist, there is what's called the cold/expansion joint.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. whatnow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Dec 11 2015 0:04:56
    #

Login to Send PM

House is pier and beam foundation. Not a slab. PCO did also use chemicals. Re-Inspection post 3rd treatment did not reveal any evidence but I am still getting bites and there was a suspicious mark on sheets. Can't believe they are gone due to bites but passive monitors are clear and no hard evidence.

Are there any examples of people who thought they were still being bit after a treatment who ended up not actually having an ongoing infestation?

5. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Dec 11 2015 8:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

If they are feeding, they will be leaving fecal traces. Maybe your skin reactions are because of something else.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie