Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

What next: where to sleep, vacuum, (and INSANITY)

(3 posts)
  1. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 10 2016 16:57:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Yesterday the PCO ordered by my landlord came for 33 minutes (I know this because I was across the street and saw his truck leave after 33 minutes), the encasement he put on a cheap one (NOT the Protect-a-Bed listed on their website) and the seam appears to be ripped, AND I cannot vacuum because I have a bagless vacuum that cannot be washed-out (the electrical cord comes out right next to the canister).

1. I've been sleeping on a suspended tarp in the bathroom (live in a studio.. so bathroom is only non-carpted place), inside of a sleeping bag, and despite the fact that they can crawl 20 feet or something, they have apparently not found me yet. --Given that he sprayed "JT Eaton" spray yesterday (which i could have [edited for content]ing bought myself for hundreds of dollars less at Home Depo, should I sleep on the possibly broken encasement to draw them out? ??
    Psychologically I am not sure I can, but I am not sure 15 more days sleeping next to the toilet will be good for my health.
    2. As for vacuuming, I haven't at all since I found the bug/bugs a week ago today.. which I know is bad, but I am scared it will spread them around.. and it is a bagless vacuum. I already read the threads about cleaning/submerging the canister to clean it, but the electrical cord comes out right by the canister... so I cannot clean it in that way.
    Also I just looked at it, and at the bottom where it sucks stuff up, there is hair wound (I have very long hair) around the turning-things... so it's clearly full of GOD-KNOWS-WHAT. Would you just throw it out? I've already spent hundreds of dollars on this whole mess, and now I am throwing out a very expensive vacuum.. and will then have to buy another?

I do feel like I am cracking. Since the PCO was so clearly incompetent, I just spend all of my time reading and researching how to fix this myself, and I don't feel like I can.. I also live thousands of miles from my family/friends.. so I think I'm breaking down alone.

2. BB_Slayer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 10 2016 17:38:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I would stay up from around 2 am to 5 am with a cigarette lighter torching bedbugs as they crawled out onto my bed until I realized I'd never kill them all so I went to a motel. You have to go somewhere else. Sleep where you work or in your car or anywhere except where the bugs are.

3. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 10 2016 18:11:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a car (since moving to the west coast). Also as an academic, I don't have an office/"work" because it is the summer quarter. :((((((((

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur