Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

What kind of bed bug treatment did I watch?

(5 posts)
  1. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 5 2011 14:30:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I probably should know the answer to this, but I don't. Yesterday I returned to my building, and there was a pest company truck in the park lot, and a big white square closed compartment on a trailer behind the truck. The White square thing was running, and long hoses connected it to one apartment down the hall from me on the other side, and additional hoses went up to the apartment above that one. The doors were sealed shut and something was being delivered to the apartments, heat? This operation lasted for several hours. There were some other kind of control boxes outside the apartment doors.

So what is this I was observing? None of it was near or connected to my own apartment.

2. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 5 2011 15:09:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like multiunit thermal to me.

3. EndOfMyRope

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 6 2011 5:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Whoa.. They can DO multi unit thermal treatments?? Anyone know how well they work??

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 6 2011 6:11:24
    #

Login to Send PM

My suspicion is just that they weredoi g heat on two units at once. They have been doing thermal on apartmets for sme time

5. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 6 2011 14:18:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Ohnoes. I have seen it described before, but didn't realize how it would look or be set up. Also had no idea they were doing this in my building. It is a large building with about 40 apartments; I cannot imagine what good it would do, to apply heat to 2 apartments. I imagine the bugs just ran away from the heat and are on their way to someone else's home, above, below, beside, whatever.

No one had said a word about having bedbugs. It was discovered by the cleaners after some tenants moved out, and before anyone else moved in. They heat blasted these units to make them ready for a new tenant.

No end to this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123