Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

What is the difference between hot shot strips and DDVP strips?

(4 posts)
  1. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 1:26:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been reading the post about strips and I bought some hot shot strips and happily have them under my bed. Is this dangerous?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 1:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You obviously have NOT carefully read the posts about DDVP strips. This is very dangerous. They should absolutely not be under your bed. You are not supposed to be breathing these fumes which are extremely dangerous.

The people who recommended using them suggested doing so inside sealed bags of stuff.

Even this should be done with extreme caution if at all. Others pointed out this use is not under the labelling instructions, and in many cases may be illegal because of this.

The "no pest strips" tag at top right will take you to the discussions on this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 1:37:02
    #

Login to Send PM

If you bought the same Hotshot strips I did, read the label and it clearly states not to be used where people will be present for more than 4 hours.

One strip treats up to 1200 cubic feet and you are talking plural under your bed!

GET THEM OUT OR YOU GET OUT!

Jim

4. Bugologist

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 15 2008 6:59:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand the concern with using this product against recommendations as stated on the label but lets not overstate the hazard with this product and make it seem that you're going to pass out within 2 hours of having an open strip in your room.

In no way am I advocating using a strip against it's label directions and you should remove the strip from under your bed because it could be hazardous to your health and it probably won't even do anything good there. But lets remember that before the label change recently they were labeled for use in open rooms so although they changed the label for a reason and you shouldn't do this, it's not cyanide.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970