WHAT is biting me???? Going C-R-A-Z-Y

(12 posts)
  1. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 1 2016 23:39:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Two weeks ago my husband returned from an international trip. Within a few days of his return I started finding a bite or two and then one week later woke to 20 on my arms. Incredibly itchy bumps that when scratched kind of burst and liquid would come out. The morning I woke with 20, I also noticed 2 tiny red blood spots on my side of the bed.

Of course, I panicked and searched the bed, box springs, walls, etc and found exactly nothing.

A few days later my youngest daughter woke with bites on the top of her feet and 2 on the bottom of her foot and one or two on her legs. I've also gotten 10 or so more on my legs and a couple on my back and hands.

My husband and my oldest daughter have not gotten a single bite.

I called our PCO and he came out today and found nothing. I took myself and my youngest to the doctor today as well and he said maybe scabies but maybe not but went ahead and prescribed the cream for all of us.

To be honest, I'm scared to death that this IS bed bugs and my youngest and I are going to keep suffering from bites until the infestation is big enough that we can finally see it.

Advice?

2. Kathryn86

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 4:32:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I would imagine that at the rate you are being bitten, there would be some signs of fecal matter? I'd say stay vigilant and watch for feces/cast skins, but also continue exploring other causes.

3. Kathryn86

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 4:34:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, to my knowledge, bedbug bites don't burst liquid, but rather welt up. I am not an expert though.

4. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 9:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Person to person bed bug bites are different. I'm not able to say if your bites are or aren't from bed bugs, but don't confirm or rule out anything until you find fecal or actual bugs. If you put a photo of the blood spots maybe an expert can say if they look bed bug related? Definitely monitor. You're right, something is going on and hopefully you find out soon what it is so you can fix it. Good luck.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  5. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 11:59:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hopefully I'm posting a picture correctly....here's the blood spots.[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/JAYxCD]null

6. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 11:59:47
    #

Login to Send PM

7. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 12:00:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, clearly I can't figure out how to post from Flickr. Off to read the instructions...

https://flic.kr/p/JAYxCD

8. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 2 2016 12:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I did find one cast skin of a carpet beetle. That's the only skin I found. If it was just me I would think maybe a horrible allergy to carpet beetles but with my daughter also getting bites, I'm not so sure.

9. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 3 2016 4:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Well the good and bad is that I just found a live bed bug. Decided to stay up and see if one came out. Just when I reached over to turn off the light at 2am, I saw it on the side of the mattress.

That means my husband brought one (or more) in exactly 2 weeks ago.

10. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 3 2016 4:44:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Hope you kept the bedbug to show the PCO. Perhaps put your husband's luggage into plastic or put in garage as it may have eggs on it. If both you and daughter are being bitten it sounds like the BBs have already got into more than one room.
    At least you know what the problem is.

11. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 3 2016 5:06:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh YES that sucker is stuck to a glue strip and not going anywhere. The luggage is outside and staying there till this whole house is bombed or cooked. And not by the PCO who insisted that we don't have bedbugs and that he didn't see any, therefore there weren't any.

12. itchyinSoCal

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 3 2016 5:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

And YES very relieved to know...actually prayed a whole LOT today that just one bug would pop up so we'd know...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19