Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

What is biting me? Attempted solo move may have been unsuccessful.

(3 posts)
  1. eddiemae

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 2 2013 11:24:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I had a small infestation back in May that I think came form another apartment in my building in NYC. Since then I've not seen much sign of them aside from occasional "bites"/marks that cause me intense paranoia and stress, without ever really having solid evidence that I should worry.

Well, I just moved to a new place, and being cautious I washed and overdried all my clothing, sheets and blankets, packtited anything questionable or that had otherwise been sitting around, and packed everything in sealed bags to isolate it from the rest of the apartment before moving it to the new place.

Now, earlier this spring when I'd had a confirmed infestation, the bites I knew were from bed bugs on my arm itched like fire, the kind of thing you couldn't possibly NOT notice. But since moving on Friday, Saturday morning I woke up with a small buster of bites (like in a patch, maybe 2 inches square, NOT a line at all) of varying size on my shoulder right above my armpit that are pretty itchy. Then Sunday morning I noticed a trail of 4-5 bites/pimples/i-don't-know-what across my chest that are not that itchy at all, but somewhat sensitive, small, red, some with whiteheads in the middle.... if it were one or two I would write them off as a pimples (I don't have great skin...) but since they're in a line I'm TERRIFIED I've just brought bed bugs to my new apartment (with two new roommates to whom I neglected to mention my bed bug history, otherwise I'd never find a pace to live). I would think that these two different bite patterns are not from the same bug, since one is itchy and in a tight cluster, the other is a line, not itchy but more pimple-like.

Can ANYONE ofter any wisdom for me? Should I just put DE everywhere, keep my eyes open and hope for the best? I'm literally making myself sick with stress.

2. BBNewbie

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 2 2013 11:42:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't sound like bedbug bites to me. I had the same cluster type bites 2 years ago and it was shingles. Your symptoms sound more like some kind of allergic reaction. Have you changed anything....laundry soap...deodorant? If it gets worse, see your Dr. I'm no expert, but from my own experience, it doesn't sound like bb's. Plus, I've never heard of
    them biting in clusters.

S

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Sep 2 2013 11:47:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not possible to diagnose what is causing the skin reaction, bites are a hyper variable thing and as such cant be used for diagnostic of the issue.

You need to focus on looking for:

• Live samples
    • cast skins
    • faecal traces

In the FAQ and useful tools sections you will see information on how to make this as effective as possible.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,187 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92