(4 posts)
  1. sfbedbug68

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon May 21 2018 0:57:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

I have been getting mystery bites for about a month now.

It started after a camping trip.

I usually get one single bite around my underarm area or on my lower back, but have gotten them in my groin area, on my arms, and on my butt. Never on ankles, feet, hands, chest, face, or neck. Not really on my legs, either. I only get about two or so bites per night. I travel for work so I am always on the go, but it seems like bites show up even when I am not sleeping at home.

I have never felt a bite at night or woken up in the morning with a new bite. They usually seem to develop at random times during the day.

I almost always sleep pretty heavily clothed.

One bug was found in my bed the other day, during daylight hours. I dont know what it was, and I didnt have a place to put it so it got away. I will attach a photo of what I found. It did not fly or jump.

I have inspected my mattress and bed frame and found 0 evidence of bedbugs so far. Afraid it could be a low level infestation or that they are good at hiding. It has been over a month, my roommate has no bites and thinks I am delusional about these bedbugs. Even after telling her I found a bug in my bed the other night.

Please help, feel like I am going absolutely insane over here! Its totally consumed my thoughts. Causing extreme anxiety and insomnia.

Also found what looked like a beetle in my bed tonight. Yesterday I got rid of a shaggy rug that was underneath my bed, as I was worried it was a breeding ground for some kind of pest. Could that be what was biting me? So confused. Thanks in advance

pics of bites-
    https://imgur.com/a/c6tPL8M

pics of possible bed bug- (sorry, unclear as it was hard to focus)
    https://imgur.com/a/ikX7cbv

pics of beetle found in bed-
    https://imgur.com/a/YXpc4KP

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon May 21 2018 9:06:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin lesions don't have to be bites. No bed bugs in pictures. Yes, one is a beetle. Not sure what the object is.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. sfbedbug68

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon May 21 2018 12:09:07
    #

Login to Send PM

saw a dermatologist who confirmed it is definitely bites

4. Pleasehelp911

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon May 21 2018 23:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Can someone please help me. I have no idea how to create my own post nor how to upload images to thos sight for bug identification. Anyone please, I’m going crazy with worry

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325