What insect is this?

(6 posts)
  1. sjm796

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 9:58:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw it yesterday crawling on my bedroom ceiling. It appeared to have no wings and was kind of orange and it was quite small. I researched and I think it might be a type of beetle or psicid or springtail but I don't know and I am paranoid. Also when I crushed it, an orange mark was left? I doubt it is a bed bug, but I don't know, I have absolutely no other signs.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 14:02:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

But also not local / native to my part of the world.

Hopefully Lou can chime in and will most likley say a plant bug although invariably with a species specific ID.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 14:32:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to disappoint, but don't know which bug it is. It's of the order Hemiptera, but can't figure out the family. I have to admit that it's quite distinctive.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 14:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou,

Its OK we still love you.

David

5. sjm796

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 14:49:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you both for the help. I am actually located in south east London, UK. I have a massive phobia of bed bugs although I have never had them, lol.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 18 2014 14:59:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Most odd, my neck of the woods but either way 100% not bedbug.

Hopefully the facts, FAQs and useful tools will help you to educate away the phobia and if nothing else it will teach you how to avoid where possible.

If you want to post in the sample I may be able to take a better picture and ask around.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,277 posts in 49,227 topics over 152 months by 21,578 of 21,999 members. Latest: Cc8656, bb3784738, Buggingout111