Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

What if they come Back??? Reappearance of bites/bugs/signs of bugs

(4 posts)
  1. wantmyskinback

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2007 15:54:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been reading on the Yahoo group from people who haven't posted in a while. They are saying that after several weeks, or months, they are being re-bitten, and they are panicking. I am already panicking that this can happen. Caryn had been reinfested, after 18 months, and we talked about it breifly, then there was a little blurb about her not having them , that got rid of them quickly ( I think )... how did she do it so quickly? Early detection? And also, did she have to go through the WHOLE thing all over again, bagging, etc? How did they come back? WHERE WERE THEY HIDIDNG? This is my BIGGEST FEAR.

2. nightshirt

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2007 16:39:18
    #

Login to Send PM

my biggest fear also. i have not had a bite since end of january and am beginning to feel itchy in the mornings although im not sure that i see anything. sometimes i think i convince myself i see the "fang" mark in the middle, sometimes it turns out to be a freckle. sometimes i think i see something raised and itchy. it goes away in minutes. im freakin too.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2007 16:52:58
    #

Login to Send PM

WMSB,

I am pretty sure Caryn got them from someone else (like new person bringing them into the building) since her whole building was originally treated AND because she did not have them for over 18 months, from what I recall. She did have to be treated (and I am sure there were followup treatments) and do the laundry thing, but if you catch it quickly, you have the best shot.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. wantmyskinback

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Apr 9 2007 17:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

That ordeal, doing it AGAIN is the worst part. Even detecting it early in Caryn's case, the second time around, is a huge task--- and the fact that we can go through this pain and financial and emotional torture JUST TO HAVE A "new person" bring them back into a recently treated building, is flipping me out. I don't think I'll ever take my clothes or shoes out of baggies for as long as I live, really. I kind of like the idea that they stay dust free in my closet (hard to do this with hanging though and I should probably buy those covers our grandmother's used to use for the clothes on hangers, however they aren't air tight).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45