what i collected from the bottom of my PackTite

(10 posts)
  1. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 13:25:23
    #

Login to Send PM

So i went to PT my laundry that hubby picked up yesterday...when i opened the PT i found some kind of very stange wooden musical instrument (no strings, broken neck -- maybe from Afganistan or Pakistan or some place like that -- i still haven't googled it) that my dear husband found on one of his walks.

You'll recall that he was not here when I dealt with the bbs, cb larvae, bagginhbs, laundering, etc., and although i impressed upon him how it would not be good for him to resume collecting stuff from the streets, i see that that he found this thing and just put it in the PT without even telling me. So i throw the laundry in there and crank her up and set her for a good long time....she (PT -- i've still to name her) roasts the things for a good two hours at the appropriate temperature....

Then this morning i look at the bottom of the PT and i notice some dust and stuff at the bottom. I take some tape (but not clear) and pick up what i gather in one corner of the PT and take a magnifying glass...i see some bugs there...some cast skins? or maybe just cooked bugs...a couple look like nice size bbs and one looks like a nice size beetle. The rest just looks like dust and other little things that didn't look like bugs or eggs. I took the tape and showed husband so he could see that i wasn't just cooking stuff for nothing. (although there is no way to actually prove that there were live bugs in there at some point). He looks at the bugs appreciately and while i get up to go get my camera so i could share with you all what i collected, he folds the tape on itself and destroys the collection. Gosh, he never does ANYTHING to help tidy up...so why all of a sudden this rush to put things in order? When i asked him he said it was making him itchy to look at it since i had left it on his desk as i went to get my camera.

Anyway...i'll continue to PT my stuff and i'll see what i find in the future.

2. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 13:46:56
    #

Login to Send PM

So your PT is a female? I suggest some action lady who kick some serious rear side. I was wondering if PTs would ever come in different colors. It would help the naming process :-).

3. bug-tired

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 20:01:40
    #

Login to Send PM

how did the wooden musical instrument survive the packtite?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 21:22:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Great story!

If there are bugs again, I hope you'll share a photo before your SO runs away with the evidence.

Of course, I hope those were the last bugs in any of your stuff!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Sep 14 2010 22:01:16
    #

Login to Send PM

OK who else wants to dare look into the bottom of their PackTite.

Any stories to share David?

Jim

6. bugnut

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 8:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I have lots of dirt and dust but so far no buggers.

I have not named my packtite, but hubby did put black tape over the name when we had it outside for a brief run this summer. Did not want to have to explain what it was if we had a "pop-in" folks are awfully nosy here.

As far as I can tell, we do not have a significant problem in CT but that could change. At least I did not spread any!

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 13:56:10
    #

Login to Send PM

controlfreak - 1 day ago  » 
    So your PT is a female? I suggest some action lady who kick some serious rear side. I was wondering if PTs would ever come in different colors. It would help the naming process :-).

Something like Buggerella?

8. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 19:47:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Himmm. Does she look like Bugerella? May be wonder bugger? Nope it sounds wrong :). For the naming process I looked at mine and first decided the gender. You know it rocks but had the cord design problem so I figured it can't be female since it is not perfect :). But he does kick BB butt and looks "hot" and efficient while doing it so I decided Bourne. Hope that helps the your naming process. I think I only have dust and some other bits and pieces at the bottom. I PTed my pillows last night. Feathers do get pretty damn hot apparently so do not sleep on recently PTed pillows.

9. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 21:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

i think i'm almost settled on Evangeline... or Muriel ....or Bertha....oh...i like Bertha!

the musical instrument came out okay....it's called "dombura" or "dombra" and appears to be from Afghanistan. It will need two strings and the neck fixed. It's really a type of percussion instrument which you pluck the strings and bang on the body of the instrument....

you can see a young man playing one at about :38 seconds into the video in the link below:

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Video

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Sep 15 2010 23:55:51
    #

Login to Send PM

That young man is really rocking out!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956