Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

What has terating bed bugs cost you?

(6 posts)
  1. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 27 2009 16:22:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying to do a bit of a survey, I hope you don't mind.
    What did your treatment cost?

What did you have to throw away?

How hard was the prep work?

Did you incur any laundry costs?

Misc items? Bags, pesticides, lost work etc?

Thank you all for your input!
    Tony Canevaro

2. BeenBitten

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 27 2009 17:06:57
    #

Login to Send PM

my 3rd fumigation was done today cost me 210 pounds...which is like hmm dno 380 dollars

thats all, hope i dont get bitten

3. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 27 2009 17:59:46
    #

Login to Send PM

What did your treatment cost? Not totally positive, I freaked out and dh took over about the cost. I know it was over $1200 for just two treatments, extra after that.

What did you have to throw away? I probably did not have to throw away anything. I was told I did not, but I was absolutely freaked out so threw out like new headboard, footboards, I threw away pillows, bedding, pictures. How hard was the prep work? Prep was the hardest part. I literally spent 8 hours days for at least 3 days. Prepping everything, dismantelling everything, it is very hard work and very time consuming.

Did you incur any laundry costs? I own my own washer/dryer and dry vapor steamer but I certainly had electricity costs as I ran that dryer all day long for over a week straight.

Misc items? Bags, pesticides, lost work etc? I am sure I spent close to $200 on plastic bags, I way over bought and still have about 5 unopened boxes of huge ziplocs. I was buying for a family of 4 though. I spent another $80 on large plastic bins to seperate all the plastic bags so they werent floating and sliding around the floor. I spent $600 on a dry vapor steamer. I spent $550 on a CDC 3000 monitor. I bought DE and a puffer so there was another $20 or so. I also bought some misc diy chemicals Sterifab & Bedlam, so probably another $100 there.

Last time I asked dh he said all total we were well over $3000 and counting, this does NOT include the cost of furniture, etc that was tossed/lost. However, we live in a single family home and it is almost 3000 sq feet so there was alot to treat.

4. begonebedbugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 28 2009 17:20:10
    #

Login to Send PM

What did your treatment cost? So far I've paid my exterminator $850.00 - I didnt have a written contract - just that they wouldnt leave me hanging and they havent. They treated all three bedrooms - living area's and even the basement now 3 times. My kids room 5 times as we still see live bugs.

I also paid $325 for a bed bug dog to come thru as well from a different PCO.

What did you have to throw away? We threw out my kids dressers as we knew they were heavinly infested and there were SO MANY places for the bugs to hide. The drawers went under the kids beds and anytime we looked we saw live bugs. We also really cut back on our clothing as we packed... donated 10+ bags to good will. Threw out my baby's mattress as the PCO wouldnt treat it and I didnt trust just encasing it. Pillows - sheets - a whind tunnel vaccuum as we were afriad we might have bugs'/eggs in it.

How hard was the prep work?
    Brutal - the worst part so far... had to do three bedrooms. Had 30+ bags of laundry to do!

Did you incur any laundry costs?
    Probably a good $50 at the laundrymat - and I do wash NON STOP at home now so I know my water and electric bills are going up as well.

Misc items? Bags, pesticides, lost work etc? 8-10 days of lost work for me. My husband has to leave work early often to come home for the PCO or Bed Bug Dogs etc... Plastic bags - too many to count - laudry detergent/fabric softner etc... XXXXL ziplock bags... I had Stanely Steamer out before my PCO started and they steamed all of our carpets - beds- furniture ($500+ dollars) - bought a new vacuum, pillows, sheets for the kids - mattress for the baby. We spent over $350 on mattress/box spring encasements. We've spent about $3000 so far.

5. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 28 2009 19:38:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Here are some past posts on what infestations have cost.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/so-how-much-have-the-buggers-cost-you

6. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 30 2009 10:42:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for responding to this mispelled thread! (That's what I get for posting to the forums from my phone....)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver