Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

What else could cause this?

(6 posts)
  1. AgeanStable

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 18:31:24
    #

Login to Send PM

https://ibb.co/tcJ3BrC

I have had every pimple and rash on my body you can imagine, but I have only had this specific type of reaction once before when I had bed bugs. Hard itchy red bumps that appear rapidly (usually in the shower) and then flatten the next day. I get outdoor bug bites on my extremities but I don't know any other bugs that crawl in your underwear and bite your butt in such a distinct pattern. I made the moronic decision to try on clothes in a thrift store a few weeks ago so it all checks out. I know skin reactions aren't conclusive but it seems very unlikely at this point that I don't have bedbugs, based on the corroborating details... also I have not slept anywhere else since December. It took me almost a year to learn to live without fear again, I can't go back to this... I have carpet beetles lying around and they don't irritate my slin st all I rubbed them on me just to rule it out. The last infestation began the same way with these bumps... it has been years and I have only had this exact pattern of symptoms that one other time...I feel like my life is over

2. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 19:12:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Please don't let these "bites" suck you back in to that all consuming fear and anxiety! You got through this once before and now you have knowledge on your side! Any issue caught this early should be minor, start monitoring and keep your cool, you got this!

3. AgeanStable

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 19:25:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Isn't the treatment protocol the same for a minor infestation? I don't see the difference

4. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 0:54:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Not really, if you have a passive monitor you may not need to do anything at all... I believe you have one?? Also if you do have to go down the treatment road you have a much higher chance of sucess quicker. Lastly you won't make any stupid mistakes that will make it worse or prolong it. I naively used foggers at the start of mine, 9 months in and still dealing with the consequences!

Just trying to help you put things in to perspective....

5. AgeanStable

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 10:39:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I genuinely appreciate it

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed Jun 12 2019 10:51:08
    #

Login to Send PM

What you are describing is not what I would associate with bed bugs in any way. There's no reason to crawl under your clothes, the bed bug would have to walk right past a far more suitable feeding area to get to the spots that you are describing. As for the bite pattern, that's a myth. Bed bug bites can appear in sevens or twelves or singly just as they can appear in threes. Three is the first number that the majority of people begin to see structure and pattern, real or imagined.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,275 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl