What do you think?

(7 posts)
  1. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 12 years ago
    Wed Mar 21 2007 9:40:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys! S. here. I like the idea of tags in theory - it works super well on Flickr where there are infinite ways to tag a photo. However, here, I'm not so sure. I'm going to try tagging this post, and see if it's useful.

I think categories might work better than tags. It's more like The Bed Bug Resource's structure. Bedbugger has a few main categories, and maybe we could have a few more, similar to the FAQ categories now.

Also, this is tiny, but can we not have the big orange bug image at the top? It's almost like making 'art' of them! Ich! I don't want them to be portrayed "beautifully." Sorry, just my gut reaction.

But the forums idea is great. I hope it can stay closely connected to the main site, so that they continue to bounce off each other. And we can all get and give more feedback this way.

Thanks Nobugs!!

S

PS I don't know why it says "Angry Orange." Weird!

PPS I added 2 tags to this post, "Confused" and "Question." Did they show up anywhere?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Wed Mar 21 2007 17:50:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi S,
    Okay-- still thinking about the art. I had to get something up there for now, so that people don't wonder where they are. The template is very basic.
    As far as categories, we can have more. This is just a test.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Wed Mar 21 2007 20:49:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, another update: I want to stick with this one for awhile. I will work on the art (if anyone is a photoshop or css whiz, please let me know if you can help--I am definitely not either of those!)

The tags may or may not work, (and you may have to be a moderator to use them--other people should try.) But the other factor is that if you login to use comments at bedbugger, you can use them here too. In fact, everyone should now create a login by registering at Bedbugger.com and use it here. (Parakeets, Jess, Bugz, Bugalina, and Nomo and Dan have already got them.)

Let's try this one for a few weeks, and if it is horrible, I will try something else. There are additional features, but i am still loading them and figuring out "bugs."

Also, S-- and everyone, this forum is a good place to suggest categories.

Let me know!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Wed Mar 21 2007 22:46:23
    #

Login to Send PM

You can now private message (PM) another poster on this forum. Click "PMTHISUSER" under their post.

You can see a list of all members of the forum at the bottom "Member list".

(I know things are still a little iffy here, but it's working, so feel free to post!)

5. Jessinchicago

Craigslist Ranter

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 22 2007 18:52:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey All! Nobugs, I love these forums. This is going to be great. I tested the PM thing. Hope it works. Okay, off to peruse the site some more.

Hugs from Chicago to everyone.

6. buggedinbrooklyn

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 22 2007 20:16:27
    #

Login to Send PM

wow, forums and private messages? this site is getting fancy...lol

great work NBOM, keep it up.

as for maybe starting a new story on my couch, it might happen soon.
    let's just say my sister is not happy at all that I will be kicking the couch to the curb soon.
    (in my father's "last will and testiment", it states that the furniture is to be devided up between us...yes, she still wants to sell it. regardless that she knows that someone will get an active infestation...gasp)
    I might have to buy her out of a few things to keep my morals intact. totaly unreal.

anyway, life is good...at least I'm told so. lol

buggedinbrooklyn

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Mar 22 2007 22:11:27
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks bugged--

I am so sorry your sister is giving you a moral dilemma. Someone asked in the comments a few weeks ago that she would sell a property with bed bugs.

You have to be pretty ruthless to sell or give away furniture, rent an apartment, or sell a home, when you're not sure they're gone. Anyone who's allergic to bed bugs (like most of us) would never do this, and lots of people here lost a lot because of it, alas.

But life is good, I think, and you're going to get rid of those little monsters...

in response to your question about when to buy: that's a good question. I'd say, several months after the last bite or sign. By then, you should know they're not coming from a neighbor or anything.

I know it stinks, but just think of that nice new La-Z-Boy and all the upholstered hiding places...

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14