Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

What do I do next?

(3 posts)
  1. mrccjf

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 15:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

My wife had been getting bitten for a few months and yet I had seen no "signs" of bed bugs - casings, markings on our sheets, etc. I'm pretty immaculately clean, so I figured finding signs would not be difficult if they were present. I even had a PCO come in to check - he checked the mattress, picture frames, etc. and said it did not appear that we had an issue and that her hives/bites must have been from another bug.

About a month later (one month ago), I found a bedbug nymph on my bedroom pillow. My wife and I went into immediate damage control, cleared all of our furniture out of our bedroom onto our driveway and disposed of our bedframe and dresser. I'm currently pregnant, so we decided to have the heat treatment rather than resorting to trying pesticides first. We had professionals from Around the Clock Pest Control in San Diego come and heat the place. They sprayed chemicals prior to the heat treatment, but not after to reduce my risk of being exposed. Nonetheless, I stayed out of the house for two days because of the pre-checmicals. We were back in the house for about a week before we headed off on vacation. During that time I laundered every single item of clothings/blankets in the house and vacuumed every other day. Round the Clock sent in a K9 dog who "cleared" the house, but I had a friend come vacuum a few more times while we were away.

When I returned, I noticed on the first night that under my pillow there was two small blood stains. I panicked, went to Home Depot and bought bed bug traps to see if this was just by chance. About a week later, I caught a nymph in the trap. Round the Clock came back out and sprayed and I stayed out of the house for 48 hours again to avoid direct exposure to the chemicals. During this time, I bought ClimbUp interceptors and put them under the bed. I also duck taped off cracks/crevices in our bedframe to be safe. In addition, I put spackle in any nail holes that I could find in the walls and placed child safety covers in all unused electrical outlets. Nothing in the room is touching the walls.

Am I just paranoid that these are still bed bug bites? If they are, what are my next steps?!

[img] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pRa5-j3Ylg9RzHKEQmnZXa3qLGSL-bUt/view?usp=sharing/img

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Aug 22 2018 7:11:57
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can look at a skin reaction and say if it’s from bed bugs— not even a dermatologist can do this. Using bed bug monitors, which you’re doing, and inspecting for visual evidence is the way to go. Keep checking these weekly and this will allow the issue to be addressed quickly if it isn’t gone. Don’t panic about skin reactions or blood stains as these can have other causes.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. mrccjf

newbite

Posted 12 months ago
    Wed Aug 22 2018 10:19:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you - I'm trying my hardest not to panic over everything - small bites, ANY tiny bug I see, etc. It's just hard when you want the whole ordeal to be over. Thanks again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,482 posts in 49,272 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk