Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

What did I do wrong?

(7 posts)
  1. Deeker94

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Jun 22 2019 20:41:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so I’m not sure what I did wrong. I’m sure my infestation is light because I only spot them a few times and still can’t find their hiding places, so I made a few adjustments to stop being bitten...only it’s not working. I got a mattress cover, made sure there were no holes in multiple occasions, checked and steamed the bed before even applying the cover, then zipped it up and thought I was safe. Of course I wasn’t. So I went ahead, washed and dried my comforters on hot, vacuumed, placed covers on my pillows, checked my mattress cover for holes, went over the metal bed frame with steam & spray, placed bedbug interceptors under each leg, applied oil to the interceptor, made sure my sheets did not touch the floor, pulled my bed from the wall, AND I STILL WOKE UP WITH BITES!!! They also ONLY go for my face. Idk what I’m doing wrong. Before I even washed the comforters I had them in bags for two weeks with diatomaceous earth so I don’t think I could’ve still had bugs in there. I’ll how to get them to stop biting and I can’t find them anywhere in my room. I e steamed cracks, applied diatomaceous earth in all the cracks, left residual spray where I thought they may have been hidin since they leave no signs of life, but I’ve seen them so I know they are there somewhere. I just don’t know what to do and can’t afford an exterminator

2. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Jun 22 2019 23:23:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you pull apart your bed when you steamed it? Some spots can be missed if you haven't pulled the bed completely apart. After you steam and it's dry try putting DE over the entire bed frame and slats, literally every square inch of the bed. It's easy to do with a make up brush or something similar. Other then that I wish I knew.... I'm 10 months in and still struggling to get rid of them completely, Ive managed to keep them in check but like you I've never found a nest or traces of them, just the occasional bug, usually on me! I did have them ID at the start with one I caught ... They just hide so well! Hope you have some better luck in getting rid of them!

3. Deeker94

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 23 2019 6:17:35
    #

Login to Send PM

No I haven’t pulled it completely apart. I’ll try that again when u get back

4. Deeker94

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 23 2019 6:18:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Deeker94 - 37 seconds ago  » 
    No I haven’t pulled it completely apart. I’ll try that again when u get back

I meant *I

5. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 23 2019 10:11:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi !!!
    I have disabled my metal frame completely ,put separate pieces inside of the tub and splashed every piece with the boiling water ,let a dry and placed Cimexa to every crack and crevices and screw holes .I decided against interceptors just sprinkle a little Cimexa around the bed legs .It was a big decision for me since interceptors-had given me some kind feeling of safety .Between mattress and box spring (both encased)I placed 2 passive monitors .So far they are clear..Iam planning to instal one passsive monitor inside of the couch .
    Try look for them inside of the furniture inside your bedroom .I found them not in the bed but inside of my dresser (opposite my bed) . Clean it and dusted some Cimexa inside of the drawers (metal tracks).
    Good luck to you and all of us to fight them !

6. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 23 2019 12:24:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I would do a bit of research on the treatment by passive monitor replacement protocol by David Cain. Here is just one of many information on it. I would watch and listen carefully. You can do this along with treatment and continue to monitor your infestation with the passive monitor. There are certain steps you follow but if your infestation is light then this would be the most cost effective way to proceed. It sounds like you are doing things right. Deep cleaning the entire room and steaming base borers, any cracks and seems in the windows and check outlets,window blinds,curtains, closets, furniture ect in the general area. You may need to do the de for a bit and do the deep clean ever week or 2 like the instructions say. Hope this helps.
    https://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/support-resources/

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  7. Deeker94

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jun 23 2019 12:53:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you guys!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,426 posts in 49,258 topics over 152 months by 21,589 of 22,012 members. Latest: Scaredandworried, Ddukes, acidburn