What bug is this? [a: fleas]

(5 posts)
  1. jennmillisor

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 23:03:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this bug on my pillow, I don’t think it’s a BB, so what could it be? NOTE: we have been treated for BB before

Any advice on when I can finally rest easy after being treated for bed bugs and not seeing any after almost 2 months? I inspect bed everyday and have interceptors, check house once a week and have not seen any, when can I finally stop this routine and be assured there aren’t any? What is the “for sure” time period?

2. jennmillisor

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 23:03:44
    #

Login to Send PM

3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 23:13:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure what it is, but it definitely doesnt look like a BB.

As for inspecting, after two months of no signs, you are probably ok to go to general weekly checks of the bed I would think. Continuing to use passive monitoring certainly can't hurt, though.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 23:15:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug, but it looks like a flea.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 16:30:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Pictures are of fleas.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,336 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14