Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

What are your anti-itch remedies?

(6 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 4:13:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I share a suggestion from David Cain in this new blog post on Bedbugger.

Please comment on that post with your own suggestions, so I can add them to the FAQ on bite relief -- thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Confirmed

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 8:57:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! I went to wlmt the other day and bought benadryl extra strength anti itch cream and of course I either left it or it got accidentally thrown away. I tried researching via google and didn't yield anything!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 12:57:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Be sure and check out our FAQ on bite relief:
    http://bedbugger.com/2007/06/01/itchy-and-scratchy-this-might-help/

4. IWannaStopItching

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 17:10:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it okay to attempt to prevent bites altogether? Does that scatter the infestation?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 10 2013 2:15:39
    #

Login to Send PM

IWannaStopItching - 1 day ago  » 
    Is it okay to attempt to prevent bites altogether? Does that scatter the infestation?

Hi Iwanna,

There's preventing bites while you sleep and there's preventing bites. Isolating the bed is one way to prevent bites while you sleep. It's described in this FAQ.

"Isolating the bed" is controversial because at least one expert here (David Cain, bed-bugscouk) is concerned about it because it can cause bed bugs to spread to other areas of the home, making treatment harder. Other experts here like KillerQueen and P Bello seem to think it won't make a big difference in treatment.

HOWEVER, it's important to also note that even if you isolate the bed, it isn't possible to prevent bites entirely. I can't imagine it will even reduce them.

Think about it -- if bed bugs are prevented from biting you when you sleep, they WILL find you and bite you during the daytime. (Hence, they're spreading further from the bed.) Unfortunately, they won't just say, "oh well" and find the nearest route to another apartment.

So if you have ten bed bugs, and they can't bite you in bed, you then have ten bed bugs feeding on you at other times.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 10 2013 6:37:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you want to prevent bites the isolation tents are in my analysis a better option that isolation devices because they work with the natural behaviour of bedbugs as opposed to changing there patterns.

There is also the subtle fact that by the time most people realise they have bedbugs they are already on the bed and thus such devices are of low value.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982