Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

What are we doing wrong? Why aren't they dying? (RANT)

(6 posts)
  1. iamsounbelievablydone

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Mar 16 2019 14:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

As my username suggests, I am so unbelievably done with this.
    Last November is when I discovered we had bed bugs. I was taking my sheets off the bed to be washed and I found a small group of them under the fitted sheet. That’s when I took to the internet for research and tore my room apart. I got rid of my sheets, curtains, and got a mattress jacket. Two weeks afterwards was when I was able to get Terminix to come and inspect. Evidently the Terminix that comes to service our area is headquartered in TENNESSEE, which is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STATE(?!). The inspector was a woman and was very knowledgeable. Bugs were found in my room, my sister’s room, and my brother’s room. Nothing was found in my mom’s. All rooms are upstairs.
    Two days later was when they came to spray. We took all of our clothes and fabric based belongings (pillows, stuffies, etc) too the laundromat and blasted them at high heat, like you’re supposed to. Mattress casings were purchased for all our beds. My brother got an entirely new bed and my sister’s box spring was thrown out (her actual bed was OK though, and it was treated). We put the majority of out clothes in garbage bags that are now in our garage. We kept some out to live on of course, which we do keep in our drawers (when I say little, I mean like five or six shirts).
    Unfortunately, everybody but the woman at Terminix seems to be dumb, because it was another month before we got somebody to come back out to inspect again. They gave us the all clear (despite IIRC saying we would be given another treatment). Five days later, more bugs are found.
    I contact the inspector woman, who is in charge of scheduling, and she says she is putting us on the schedule (this is mid December) and that the exterminator who will spray and treat the home will contact us. Two weeks later, and still nothing. I tell the inspector lady this, and she is shocked, because we haven’t been contacted by an exterminator. At this point I went out and bought Cimexa, on the inspector’s advice, and lined our bed frames and such with it.*
    *I have gotten conflicting information on this. Some people say you should use Cimexa along with professional treatment, and other people say I’m just making it worse.
    Finally, a few days later, we make contact. The guy who is coming is none other than the guy I reported gave us the all clear. I talked to him on a Monday, and we scheduled their treatment for Thursday. Thursday evening rolls around. It’s 7PM and nothing- they were supposed to have come at 2:30. I call them, and get a “Oh, I thought it was scheduled for next Tuesday, lol” WHICH IS INCREDIBLY DUMB AND BS.
    At this point, which is in February, I’m at my wit’s end. I’m a college freshman, and am already stressed out as is, and my single mother with a terrible job, two story house, and three other lazy kids can’t afford to keep getting treatments. We’ve bene living out of garbage bags for months. I’ve barely slept.
    When they finally get their ass out here, my mother’s boyfriend follows the guy around to make sure he paints everything with treatment. And boy did he this time. It looks nothing like when they supposedly treated way back when. He ensured my mother’s boyfriend (who is basically my stepdad at this point) that he would be back two weeks from the day he sprayed for an inspection and treatment if needed.
    Here we are, in March, about a month from when he said he was going to do that. And there’s still bed bug feces showing up in my bed. My mom is finally going to contact them again on Monday. We’re angry now. There’s barely anything in my drawers and closet, my bed is away from the walls. I haven’t seen any live ones or skins. I haven’t found anything in my siblings’ rooms. Heck, even when the lady came for the inspection, she couldn’t definitively say where their headquarters were. We couldn’t find any “nests anywhere.
    Why aren’t they dying? There’s still Cimexa and spray everywhere and I’ve been periodically head blasting my bedding and my stuffed tiger I sleep with (I’m a baby I know but it makes me feel better).
    What are we doing wrong? What is Terminix doing wrong? Why are they doing it wrong?
    At this point I’ve basically accepted my fate as having to live with these pieces of crap for the rest of forever or until I move out (I go to community college and I can’t get a dorm because I live so close to it).
    Please help. Also I needed to rant.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 0:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Made it 3/4's the way through the post.

Get a new exterminator! Research reputable companies in your area who have good reviews dealing with bed bugs.

3. SalsaVince

Posted 8 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 16:25:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds very frustrating. Yes, bad PCOs do exist unfortunately. Seems like you could have been done with them by now if you had gotten treatments when they were originally scheduled but it's dragged on because of their incompetence. Now that you had a thorough treatment, it should have an effect but it takes time to kill them all including newly hatched ones. When using cimexa, be sure to lookup how and where to apply it. It does work but only when used correctly. Hope you are done with this soon.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. iamsounbelievablydone

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 13:59:37
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen - 1 week ago  » 
    Made it 3/4's the way through the post.
    Get a new exterminator! Research reputable companies in your area who have good reviews dealing with bed bugs.

We are still paying on the around $1,000 treatment from Terminix, which is supposedly guaranteed, with further treatments being free if necessary. They still haven't come out here since January and we've barely made contact. They'll say they'll get back to us and then they never do. We just found a live bug in my sister's bed. We can't afford another treatment of that cost and the exterminators in our area, north Alabama, are very few and far between.

5. iamsounbelievablydone

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Mar 29 2019 14:00:55
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 1 week ago  » 
    Sounds very frustrating. Yes, bad PCOs do exist unfortunately. Seems like you could have been done with them by now if you had gotten treatments when they were originally scheduled but it's dragged on because of their incompetence. Now that you had a thorough treatment, it should have an effect but it takes time to kill them all including newly hatched ones. When using cimexa, be sure to lookup how and where to apply it. It does work but only when used correctly. Hope you are done with this soon.

I've applied Cimexa to base boards of walls and around outlets. I have also applied it around my bed, vents, my bed frame, and around and inside my drawers. I have also placed it around my door frame.

6. jacksonsi

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Mar 30 2019 20:49:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Please read my post about my experience with Terminix. I ended up with the district and regional manager at my house! I was able to get out of my contract because of their incompetence! Contact the headquarters and call them everyday! I had them here 9 weeks straight and still had bedbugs. The treatment is only as good as the PCO.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,893 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019