What are these bugs??? [a: beetle]

(3 posts)
  1. BBNewbie

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 7 2013 22:08:45
    #

Login to Send PM

First time posting photos. These bugs keep crawling on me when I watch TV at night. I don't think BB's but they are annoying. They haven't bitten me yet. I just getting sick of all the bugs...I imagine them crawling on me when they aren't. I need to chill...I know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99974227@N03/9460893321/in/photostream

PS.. If my name on Flickr comes up DaisyDoo...she's my dog. And Adams is right outta the phone book. So I followed the suggestions in the "How do you post pics" thread and created an anonymous account. Just sayin....before anyone thinks it's real info.

S

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 8 2013 10:46:06
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a beetle, not a bed bug. Could be a cigarette beetle, but sort of looks more like a drugstore beetle. These are both stored product food infesting creatures (plus tobacco, hence the common name of one species). Dry dog food can be infested.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. BBNewbie

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 8 2013 11:42:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty for the response. Should have said in OP that it is a medium gray color.

S

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123