Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

What are the odds that a single bed bug would bite two nights in a row?

(13 posts)
  1. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 1:20:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thursday morning - woke up with a huge bite/welt and a smaller bite on my inner thigh

Thursday night - woke up about an hour after falling asleep to discover 6 bites along my torso/left rib

This has to be (hopefully!?!) a single bed bug because I react immediately to bites and haven’t had any before this morning. Passive monitors are clear (I have two on my bed).

What could be going on? Would the same bug bite twice in less than 24 hours?

Any insight would be really appreciated. I am in hysterics right now...

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:20:34
    #

Login to Send PM

That doesn't make me suspect bed bugs.
    In my controlled feedings they rarely moved from a single spot once they began feeding.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 10:24:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Looking back over your previous posts I'm not finding any confirmed bed bugs with an issue that has been going on for six months.
    With that time frame in mind I think it's safe to assume that bed bugs are not the cause of your skin irritations.

4. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 16:12:57
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 5 hours ago  » 
    Looking back over your previous posts I'm not finding any confirmed bed bugs with an issue that has been going on for six months.
    With that time frame in mind I think it's safe to assume that bed bugs are not the cause of your skin irritations.

Hi BD, thank you kindly for responding. Looking back, we definitely didn’t have bed bugs in December, or if we did, it was one hitchhiker that eventually died or something...

This most recent incident with the bites makes me fear that another one(s) was somehow re-introduced to our house. Long story, but I have a reason to believe someone who recently stayed at our house maybe had contact with them. I cannot imagine anything else that would have caused the bites on me. I can’t sleep or eat. I can’t believe this is happening considering how hyper vigilant I am about bed bugs in the first place. This is my worst nightmare.

5. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 16:18:25
    #

Login to Send PM

6. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 16:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Can’t figure out to embed photos of bites. I guess it doesn’t really matter anyways...

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 16:40:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Photos of "bites" are pretty much worthless.
    Look, you didn't have bed bugs in December, so why think you have them now? People come into contact with other people that have bed bugs all the time. Bed bugs don't like to hang out on people, so transfer in the way that you're concerned with just isn't realistic.

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 16:42:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Why would you think that the one and only thing that could cause a skin reaction is a bed bug? Does that sound rational to you?
    Have you had a confirmed infestation of bed bugs in the past?

9. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:06:50
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Photos of "bites" are pretty much worthless.
    Look, you didn't have bed bugs in December, so why think you have them now?

It’s the bites/marks two nights in a row that have me in distress thinking bed bugs.... that’s the only thing. I scoured the room and found no other signs of bed bugs. Three passive monitors are clear. When I lay it all out, and all I have are bites, and no other evidence, it does seem irrational that I’m panicking over bed bugs. I just wish I knew what else it could be...

10. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:11:16
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Why would you think that the one and only thing that could cause a skin reaction is a bed bug? Does that sound rational to you?
    Have you had a confirmed infestation of bed bugs in the past?

I lived in an infested residence in my first year of college in 2007. The problem was never taken care of properly. I had PTSD for over a year after moving home. Now every time I get a bite in bed I think back to that experience and it brings back all those feelings of anxiety and depression. I work in the psychology field but it’s not easy to take your own advice when you think you have them again...

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:18:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah, now we're getting to the cause of your issue. It might help to talk to someone who deals with PTSD or similar problems.

12. Mf1616

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:29:13
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Ah, now we're getting to the cause of your issue. It might help to talk to someone who deals with PTSD or similar problems.

Nobody understands beg bugs. It wouldn’t help me. Your support/insight is very reassuring though, more so than a psychotherapist would be able to provide. So for that, I thank you!

13. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri May 18 2018 17:33:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, no one may understand bed bugs so you can come here for that. But I think they do know about PTSD and how to address it, way more than I do. It's not only about bed bugs, speaking to a professional may very well give you the coping skills to work through this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,661 posts in 44,814 topics over 137 months by 19,670 of 20,375 members. Latest: Aryn, JASM, Tashagene