Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

what are the odds??

(7 posts)
  1. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu May 4 2017 17:19:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Live in a small one bedroom apt some cracks in it not alot no bad clutter after 13 months of random bumps all over is it possible I still just have a small infestation and can't locate them even though not only have I searched every spot of my furniture and apartment over a 100 times have had pco too do treatment and nothing as well and if I brought them from a previous infestation when I moved that wasn't clear like they told me wouldn't I still have a huge infestation by now I mean the tempature stays around 72 in my apt and I'm home in my bed every night and by the bumps if bed bugs they have had there meal every few days so shouldn't there be a huge infestation by now ?? My previous infestation back in 2015 I didn't even know I had one until kept getting blood on the sheets pulled up my sheet matress and box springs covered in blood the rest of my furniture had a lot of fecal matter as well so I will admit I was ignorant as too bed bugs at that time but with all the research I have done seeing what they look like shouldn't I have found something by now sorry was long but this is close too two years all put into this would appreciate the advice ty..

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu May 4 2017 23:18:12
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have ZERO visual evidence, then it does not sound like you have bed bugs in your home. If you have been bitten for 13 months, you should be able to find fecal stains (or at least a pro doing an inspection should). They shouldn't treat with zero visual evidence.

Is it possible you are being exposed to something at work or somewhere else that you go regularly?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri May 5 2017 0:13:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty for the response nobugs I don't see how that would be possible the problem is alot of these small like bumps on my face and scalp so they would literally have too be crawling on my face and head too bite all my furniture was new when I moved in last year encased the bed mattress everything was sprayed by pco company mid October found no trace neither did I the only things I brought from previous apt. Was my clothes and electronics the apt was painted new carpet and sprayed before I moved in I have checked every inch of my furniture and apt only thing have found couple spiders few ants about it put cimexa on the encasements and around the walls couple months ago and nothing know what too look for found two dead from my confirmed infestation back I 2015 I just figured if they we're in my clothes by now should still be signs idk

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri May 5 2017 7:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

The lack of evidence and the location on the face and scalp may point towards an allergic reaction. Whatever is causing these bumps it's not bed bugs, after thirteen months it would be easy to spot if bed bugs were your issue.

5. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri May 5 2017 16:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Ty for your comment BD that was my thought as well but that allergy Dr. Said it wasn't a allergy get them other places as well but she said the same that it didn't look like bug bites have a appointment with a derm in a few weeks hopefully they can tell me got too the point where I tell myself it's not only bad pt. Is when you wake up and there is one or four bumps on your body or when you get out of the shower and notice but thanks for the comments guys

6. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri May 5 2017 16:22:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Possibly a reaction to chemicals or cimexa? My girlfriend had a reaction to cimexa that didn't look like her usual bites but more like a rash.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  7. cantcallit2016

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 6 2017 11:25:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Mp7ski that thought has crossed my mind alot because it seems like the bumps didn't start until a month or so after the first spray back in 2015 and since last year when I moved been around 2 chemical sprays and have sprinkles alot of Dr and cimexa in here so know causes my hands too get so dry that they busted open and was bleeding even with gloves so have thought about that

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88