What are the chances it's over?

(6 posts)
  1. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 14:49:20
    #

Login to Send PM

On my first treatment the PCO only found 3 adult bugs isolated to one mattress. I haven't seen one since before the first treatment and even then I only saw one because I went looking for them. It took me over three hours of searching one mattress to find that bug. I haven't seen one since then and I have looked. Today was the second treatment and the PCO says we are bedbug free. He found no bugs. Dead or alive. No eggs. No staining. Nothing.

So is it over? Or are they just hiding in my walls waiting for the pesticide to wear off? Lol.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 15:31:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like good news, you caught it early. Small infestations can take just one thorough treatment to rid you of bed bugs.

3. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 16:46:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Is that truth? Because I read so many stories on here about people who have bugs for months and months and I really just think this should have been...harder?

I mean it was fun at all, but two treatments work? And it would appear even just the one treatment worked by itself and the second wasn't even needed? That happens? I'm not really buying that it's over. Haha. Anxiety is a bitch. Lol.

4. Tim m

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 17:05:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you caught it early. Most of the horror stories on here are from people trying to self treat. I do understand the paranoid part I had my heat and spray last month and have got two bites after it was done. But that could be anything the weather is nice, but any bite I think BBs.

I would recommend bed bug monitors just to be on the safe side. Other than that sounds like you are bed bug free.

5. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 19:57:16
    #

Login to Send PM

You know my thoughts! I thought it *might* finally be over, and saw nothing for a month, then boom- super flat adult male on the chair. Nothing since (couple days) so maybe a straggler... thankfully, a MALE straggler, so it's not planting its devil spawn around and making things worse.

I'd def just keep an eye out and monitor from time to time! But, seems like you conquered the beast!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 22:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You can have a small bed bug problem. It happens all the time. Monitoring is a good idea for anyone.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,906 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186