Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

What are the chances?

(4 posts)
  1. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 1:18:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Well this is just great! My mom texts me and asks me to send her a picture of a bed bug! I knew that didnt mean good news. My moms husband killed 3 bugs on his mothers bed. They matched the picture I sent.

My mom and her hubby live in his moms basement. For 2 months they had other people living in the same house upstairs. They are not sure if it was them who brought them in or if they got them from a hotel. They stay in hotels a lot. Anyways, they looked all over and didnt find any more. They didnt find any on their bed either (they still have the plastic wrap from when it was bought new).

My mom stayed with us a couple of weeks ago for 2 nights. Brought her luggage in and everything into my daughters room. My daughter has tons of bites but they could be from mosquitoes as they are bad right now and she is outside all day pretty much. I checked the mattress cover on her bed (her boxspring has plastic on it with tape covering all holes) her sheets are clean, no fecal.

What are the chances my mom brought them here but im just not finding them? I didnt look in every crease as she is asleep on her bed right now and I dont want to wake her up.

My anxiety is in overdrive right now 😭

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 15:18:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone?

3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 15:46:13
    #

Login to Send PM

There is no set formula, unfortunately. Whenever there is exposure to a confirmed infestation, you should start monitoring. Look into climbups to detect bugs off the and on-bed monitors to detect if they are already there. Many users here utilize both methods at the same time since they monitor different areas and bbs can harbour on or off the bed.

Your family members should definitely contact a PCO asap as well.

Search on here for passive monitors, climbups and packtite passive monitor. You'll find lots of info on monitoring.

I hope it's just mosquitos!

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  4. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 16:00:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I've got passive monitors on all beds so far they've been clean. But if there is still a light infestation the chances of them finding that monitor are slim.

They have contacted the landlord and are getting treatment in friday. They have been decluttering and prepling.

I'm just wondering if thier infestation was new and hadn't reached the basement yet. They do not share "resting" areas and even have their own bathroom downstairs.

But we flipped my daughtesa mattress today and looked closely. No fecal or bugs. I am sure they would harbour in the mattress in the folds of the encasement. Her box spring is covered in slippery plastic and its not on a bed frame.

This was over 2 weeks ago my mom stayed here so im sure i'd see something by now.

I hope.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail