(3 posts)
  1. kleetor1

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 10:58:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I have bedbugs and my vacuum is a bagless one (canister only). I put down some DE but I need to clean it up before pest control comes (vacuuming is part of the preparation). Can a wet/dry vacuum be ok for cleaning up DE and maybe sucking up bugs and eggs? I know that HEPA vacuums or bagged vacuums are best but I cant afford them right now. Any advice would be appreciated. A nylon stocking over the hose might not work cuz I put down quite a bit of DE (I was going paranoid but I caught 5 adults that I think are coming from the radiator in my apartment and I can't deal that off). Help!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 11:43:35
    #

Login to Send PM

You'll need a filter that can handle drywall dust, otherwise you'll just spread the DE around.

3. JohnIsSoTiredOfBegBugs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jul 21 2018 0:48:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I put down too much DE. my wet dry shops werent much help. I pulled out my old hoover steamvac. Its not a true “steamer vacuum” but it does spray down water with a squeeze of a button and that worked amazingly to turn the fine dust into a watery slurry that was easily vacuumed up and collected in the tank. Dumps right out into a 5 gallon bucket. Which i would pour onto my patio which has ants. I just used water in the fill tank to clean up the DE. I wouldnt even recommend a shop vac as both of mine were useless.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,293 posts in 46,766 topics over 142 months by 20,635 of 21,518 members. Latest: alerton, paulfoel, Miggle