Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Weird question.

(5 posts)
  1. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Oct 3 2014 19:01:02
    #

Login to Send PM

In Room A I found an adult BB.

In Room B, I found their shells and 2 small (not adult) BB with some black spots.

If the occupant of Room B leaves for two days, will any BBs in that room come looking for Room A? Do they even work that way? I'm just curious if I should sleep in Room B.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 7:14:02
    #

Login to Send PM

If both rooms have had bed bugs how would you tell the difference?
    Star Bellied Sneetch?

3. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 7:30:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Lol. Not exactly. I have Room C and D as well, no BBs in there. I'm trying to figure out if BBs will travel if the occupant leaves the room for two days. I know they will travel if a person starts sleeping elsewhere, for instance.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 9:52:51
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't happen immediately and might not happen in 2 days. Depends how satiated they are already and if they pick up any carbon dioxide that they can key in on. I remember a presentation at a meeting where bugs were let go in a sealed room system (other rooms in the suite) to see distribution and migration, but don't remember exact details. Maybe someone will recall.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. misery

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 11:55:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmm, okay thank you!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah