Weird Bug Scenario

(4 posts)
  1. nahson

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 29 2015 23:50:44
    #

Login to Send PM

So my roommate and I are in a bit of a pickle and unsure how to proceed. I'm trying to be very detailed, so I apologize for the length of this post.

We live in an apartment, and know that we both react to bites. About 8 months ago, we had a very mild infestation contained to her room, but had our entire apartment professionally treated, including drying and bagging EVERYTHING from every room. Some sort of chemicals were sprayed in the walls that would supposedly keep bugs out for 6 months. Everything seemed fine and dandy, no more bites, no traces of bugs, all good.

Then about 2 months ago, I got 2 bites, with about a week in between each, then found a live adult in my bed. We presume it to have been a male, but neither of us are professionals. I bagged it and killed it, and we called the pest control guy to take a look. He didn't find any traces, but sprayed adulticide throughout my room, and I ran all my bedding through the washer and dryer.

The bites stopped, so we figured it was a fluke. About a week later, I found a live adult bug (also appeared to be male) crawling on my pants as I sat outside a class at school. I had been up and moving for hours before that, so I assumed it had hitched a ride from the bus. I killed it and decided to stop sitting on the bus, only standing.

Then about 2 weeks after that, my parents were visiting, and a live adult bug (appeared to be male) climbed on my dad's leg in the living room. I captured it in a ziploc bag and it died a few days later.

About a week after that, my roommate found an adult bug (presumably male) in her curtains. It was very near death, with its only movement being some very small leg twitches. She called pest control, and they sprayed her room with adulticide as well as searching throughout the apartment and finding nothing.

Tonight we found a dead adult (appeared to be female) in the bathroom. We have no idea how it got there, but it was very much dead.

Neither of us have gotten ANY bites in months, we haven't found any traces anywhere. We really have no idea how to proceed or what to do, because we can't tell if it's a real problem or not. Any ideas what is happening and what we should do about it?

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 30 2015 0:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you're getting them brought in, or they're coming from a neighbors, after having already been exposed to treatments. I'm not a pro, but that's kind of the impression I am getting.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. nahson

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 30 2015 19:23:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks!! We were kinda thinking that as well. Do you know of anything we should be doing about it? We're both very very careful, especially after dealing with it the first time, but we're just not sure what to do now.

4. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 30 2015 21:34:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a pro. I can only tell you what I've seen them suggest, which is monitoring. I think if you're vigilant and keep monitors, and a neat and clutter-free home you'll have no problem spotting them and treating them before they get out of hand.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956