Weird and possibly stupid question

(2 posts)
  1. Blitzen

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 2:07:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I know I won't find out the answer to this for 18 months indefinitely.... But I am curious, and maybe someone who has already done this will know the answer. I placed a lot of belongings in sealed Hefty bins and into storage for 18 months. When I went through these items placing them into the bins I visually did not see any bed bugs on them (although I know, just because I can't see it doesn't mean eggs aren't there), but my question is 18 months from now when I open these bins and bring those items back out will I find many bed bug carcasses all over the place? I mean, thankfully they'll all be dead by then. But ew, gross, it won't be fun cleaning all the dead bodies off those things.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 7:29:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Without a blood meal they cannot molt and cannot breed. I've starved newly hatched nymphs and they lasted far less than 18 months. Six to eight weeks was the longest in my experiment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,566 posts in 48,150 topics over 149 months by 21,216 of 21,570 members. Latest: Lh0512, patmc3853, stennisplayer07