Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Week one of bedbugs please help

(3 posts)
  1. Sama1011

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 13 2017 20:53:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone! Last Saturday my roommates mom gave us some old bedroom furniture without informing us of her month long battle with bedbugs. I noticed the first Monday morning, crawling in daylight to get to me. My roommate knew exactly what it was. We stripped the bed, washed everything, bombed the house (everything you aren't really supposed to do.) So of course by Tuesday evening I woke up, found about 10 bites on me and found more in the bed. Wednesday morning I called the landlord, and he send over an exterminator who put down a barrier powder. Not knowing that I had to sleep in the bed and act as bait.. I slept in the other room last night, but contacted the exterminator today to see if I should throw the bedset out. He basically said to just get in the bedroom asap to draw them out, what I really want to know is how can I mentally prepare myself for all the bites I'm going to get over the next three weeks. Also is there a way to prevent bites? I am very very allergic, but I know if I want this to end I have to do as they say and sadly try to sleep with these little monsters. Any tips would help, I am suffering very badly psychologically from these pests. They are ruining my life

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 14 2017 1:37:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, but they do usually say to stay in your bed, so it's probably good advice. Make sure that the powder (Cimexa, I hope) is in all the places that they would have to cross to bite you.

I've heard that sometime Zyrtec can help with the bites, maybe google that on this site. Good luck, sorry!

3. OnlyKnowsAndroidBugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun May 14 2017 3:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there. I am in a similar position as yours - I have allergies and some psychological issues that are causing this to be horrific. I find that the best way to handle it is to not be weak. Accept that for the short term, your life is ruined, and that ihis acceptance allows a person like you or I to immerse ourselves into this nightmarih situation. The reason I have accepted it is as you said - if you want it to end, you have to suffer now. Keep that in mind, too - you are battling with human nature's desire for instant gratification on likely little sleep and high stress.As a rational person, though, I gather you are able to see that the long term of not losing your life long term to these things far outweighs the short term suffering. As advised, some allergy medication (I have been using Benadryl as it is OTC and generic is incredibly inexpensive) will help.

So how do I do it, psychologically? I sleep with my lights on and a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol, 91%, by my bedside. Rubbing alcohol is a great contact killer (if you actually see a live bug, it will kill it) - just be sure not to overuse it, or to use it for anything more than contact killing. People make the mistake of using it as if it has a residual, and I do not condone or advise that - simply what I do in order to sleep through the night, though, is sleep with the lights on and a spray bottle of alcohol by my bed. That way i can kill a bug on contact if I see it without having to smash it. There are much better (safer) contact killers than rubbing alcohol too, like SteriFab, I simply use alcohol as it is cheap and readily available down the street from my house. As for my sleep schedule, I sit in my bed during peak hours awake on the computer or TV, spraying any bugs that come out for me with alcohol. I then sleep during daytime hours. I have become wholly nocturnal in fighting these, as I am both able to kill more this way, and sleep with less worry of being eaten alive. Best of luck fighting these demons, and feel free to contact me if you ever need to talk - it souns like we are fighting a very similar fight.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714