Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Way to contact webmaster at bedbugregistry.com?

(7 posts)
  1. Brainer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 13:58:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone:

I'm new here. I am looking to move and rent an apartment in my city. It would be VERY helpful if I could get proper usage out of the bedbugregistry.com website. Unfortunately, I am constantly getting http 500 errors when I try to use the search function on that Website. The site is mostly useless to me if the search function doesn't work.

I emailed to Maciej Ceglowski <support@bedbugregistry.com>, who is the webmaster listed there, and I also emailed him at his other address, but never received a reply.

The website has thrown these errors for at least a few months, so I'm guessing he is not aware of it or has no time to fix it. Can anyone tell me a way to reach him, or reach him directly to tell him the search function on his site isn't working?

I did not see any other site with as much coverage as bedbugregistry.com. Is there another site that cover a large geographical area that might prove useful? I'm in Canada, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 14:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if it's of much help, but I've not seen a report more recent than 02/2016 on that site... I don't know that it's still 'up and running'.

3. Brainer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 14:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up.

Love your screen name. Thanks. Yeah, it seems you can browse preexisting listings, but only some are shown. That means without the search function working, you can't do much.

I will try to contact Maciej via Twitter, but didn't have an account, so am just signing up for an account. And it's not like I really want to use my real name/email when asking someone publicly about their bedbug site. You and I know it doesn't mean anything, but others may be ignorant.

Are there any other regsitries with plenty of data?

4. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 16:27:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hehe thanks~ I chose it because at the height of our BB situation, I thought I was losing my mind!

As far as the registry, I don't know of any other sites. I wish I did as we're traveling to D.C. this weekend and I'm somewhat petrified! Haha

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 23 2017 22:54:31
    #

Login to Send PM

If you're in NYC, there are some other things I can recommend.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. Brainer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 21:29:32
    #

Login to Send PM

nobugsonme:

Thanks, that's kind of you. I'm in Toronto, Canada.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 21:43:54
    #

Login to Send PM

The bottom line is that while these sort of sites can be interesting and have some value, people are never going to record infestations in properties they own; most people aren't going to report them in rentals either due to fear or (mostly) ignorance that the option is out there. The same is true of hotels (though Tripadvisor can be useful in terms of checking for bed bug reports).

So while I'm sorry to hear the site is not working well, it would never have been a good idea to rely on it too much.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956