Washing clothes

(4 posts)
  1. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 11:21:50
    #

Login to Send PM

So pest control started treatment yesterday after we found a small bed bug on my bed frame last Friday and after several bites just on me out of the 6 people in the house. They told me to take all my clothes out of my dressers and nightstand in all 3 rooms and take all blankets off and bag everything and to wash and dry everything in the hottest setting. I asked about our closets and she said "Im not going to make you do your closet unless we find signs of them there" ?????? And i asked ok so if you dont find signs in my dresser do I still need to wash and dry everything? She said yes. I just dont understand Whats the difference why dont I need to do my closet but my dresser yes? Anyway, her report stated she found fecal matter in our nightstand and on the slats of our bed and a live bed bug on the slats and that she advises against putting all our clothes back in all the dressers until she comes back for the second service even if there was only activity in our room, nothing in the other 2 rooms or living room. There was a single inspector that came out and though i know theyre the experts, there is no way she couldve gone through every piece of clothing in all 5 of our closets and confirmed there was no sign. Im probably ignorant to this but I dont understand why they just couldnt bring a k9 out to sniff our closets and clothes and house and find the infestation? since I dont see a possible way the inspector couldve ruled out bed bugs from our closets. And she said we have to do this every 2 weeks 3 times until treatment is done. I have 4 kids, my husband and my clothes to have to wash dry and fold plus whatever actual dirty clothes is used during the week which that alone is usually like 10 laundry loads! is all this really necessary? Since I got home yesterday after the treatment I cannot stop itching and Idk if its just anxiety and paranoia from all this or am I getting bit !

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 11:33:07
    #

Login to Send PM

It's not necessary if you like bed bugs in your home. I would direct all those questions to the one doing the work, I can't see what they can.
    Did you hire this company?

3. mrssachvz

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 13:25:22
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 hour ago  » 
    It's not necessary if you like bed bugs in your home. I would direct all those questions to the one doing the work, I can't see what they can.
    Did you hire this company?

I didnt hire them, the managment company at my apartments set it up for us.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 13 2019 14:05:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sure you could hire your own dog for an inspection.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82