Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Was treated again yesterday, steamed, sprayed...etc. and woke up with new bites!

(6 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 14:47:04
    #

Login to Send PM

What should I do now? Throw out beds? We have done all we can. Will they maybe die off after this? 5 months.....please go away!

2. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 15:26:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I see it as common. You must live with the fact that these creatures are hard to kill, that is why I suggest keeping up the non chemical tactics long into the future, in fact as of now I would say forever. Eventually, hopefully you will not have to keep the vigorous
    pace and you eventually hopefully you will be able to slow down. But you will have to patrol your home and inspect, clean and steam, forever because we now live in a bed bug plagued society and it will get worse before it gets better.

3. cocob

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 18:51:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Same for me
    http://www.sentl.com check it

4. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 20:46:05
    #

Login to Send PM

So frustrating though, and I have a great PCO who is very thorough. Caulked everywhere and treated my car, has come back 3 times. Steamed my kids' cribs. I have bought a steamer and will continue to battle in a few weeks with that (once the pesticides are obsolete).

I am sorry CoCob, the heat would have had to be 140 at the core of EVERYTHING. I think that is hard to do.

Thanks Liut. Dan. Have you beated yours out?

5. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jul 24 2008 11:32:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Good question. If you ask my mother-in-law, yes a long time ago and it is all in my head,
    dido for wife. I have had some mystery marks on my back a few months back but of course no other signs except for a blood streak and some minute blood spots on pillow which my wife said were due to her bloody nose and my child's cut finger. I viewed Lou's image of bbs in a screw hole of a desk chair and his comment read that there were no other bugs to be found on the chair. This encouraged me to do a hard search where I found a screw hole on the underside of my bed frame containing several hatched eggs and one mark of poop.
    All other screw holes had DE but I had missed that one. Now it could of been there for some time but that is hard for me to believe that because of my treatments and cleaning,
    but of course the possibility exists that they could have been there for a while.
    The marks could have been caused the other factors that we talk about like stress and chemicals or old bite flare ups. This is the thing that drives many of us crazy.
    I still feel lingering sensations like crawling and wonder if it is stress.

One thing was that I did see a doctor who thought allergies except for one picture of three in a row where he said definite insect bite but could not of course confirm the type of insect. Definite no on scabies although just a visual check.

I also rescued a canary from a snow bank back in February which I researched to find the possibility of mites can exist which are host specific but I think the possibility exists that bird mites may venture away from bird and locate human hosts.

Who knows?
    What do you think?

6. uglybug

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jul 26 2008 6:32:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Mites can locate human hosts and bite. We moved into a home that had a nest outside which was infested. The only way we actually saw them was becaue we had a hamster. They were all over the hamster and in the cage. They were all over the house: on the shelves, tv,remote, doors, walls, windows, tables, etc. We washed everything and sprayed a residual- for us they were easy to get rid of. Some people have had problems getting rid of them. We even had them come back last summer, sprayed and were done with them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies