Warning against fogging

(2 posts)
  1. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun May 26 2019 4:40:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I was thinking, maybe landlords (of buildings with over x units) should be forced to post a public warning that using a fogger might cause the spread of bed bugs between units.

I understand that landlords might not want to because they fear people wouldn't want to live in a building with a bed bug problem but is it really realistic to think that there are buildings without bed bugs?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun May 26 2019 4:51:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The sad reality is that the OTC products lobby is a huge force. Their entomologists who what damage is being done but the culture of “reach for the can/fogger” has been so engrained from the 50’s that it’s hard to move on from.

What is needed is better public education about bedbugs and the FTC growing some teeth with the more legitimate looking sharks in this pond. While they took Cedercide to task which was awesome the reality is that product was less than 0.1% of the problem.

It’s a complex landscape where more joined up thinking is needed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,607 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956