Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Visiting friend after first treatment

(2 posts)
  1. sadanditchy

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 5 2018 1:41:09
    #

Login to Send PM

It's been 5 days since my PCP applied the first of two treatments to exterminate the bed bugs in my studio apartment. (I brought the bedbugs home with me after taking a two-week vacation. I realized this a week after getting home from my trip and called the PCP immediately -- so I like to think I caught the problem early).

I haven't woken up with any new bites since that first treatment. However, I'm hesitant to declare that I'm bed-bug free, since I know it typically takes at least two professional treatments to eradicate them.

My question: Is it safe for me to go over to my friend's house for dinner tomorrow? I don't want to put this friend at risk for getting them, too. (My friend is aware that I'm battling bed bugs).

Thank you!

2. micachica

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 5 2018 21:46:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Put your clothes in the dryer for 30 min and put them on and go to dinner. Obv check your shoes and any bags you plan on bringing. Bed bugs are small but not invisible. Friends are needed in times like these!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg