Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Vikane Failure? Found bedbug after tenting.

(3 posts)
  1. SleeplessScaredSad

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 25 2015 6:48:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to all who have shared their stories, fears, wisdom, humor and support on this site. It has been my only comfort in a time of upheaval, anxiety, fear and utter exhaustion...

Following our horrifying discovery of a bedbug infestation we immediately had our house and garage tented with Vikane. We found several dead bugs following the fumigation and felt relieved. But within 72 hours of tent removal I found an adult (looked fed) female bedbug crawling energetically in our hallway. I also found what appears to be two juveniles (one of which was only half alive and struggling). I also have 4 bites that seem to have come out of thin air. How is this possible? We have taken abundant cautionary steps to avoid reinfestation. I have sprayed Temprid and installed mattress/box spring/pillow encasements. Everything has been washed and cooked in a dryer. We change our clothes outside before coming in the house, all shoes stay outside and we have thrown away a ton of stuff. I even bought all new living room furnature. I'm a phobic personality and a clean-freak and I feel utterly traumatized. Why me Lord? Will we ever be completely free of this nightmare or will the battle become a part of life? Could the Vikane have been a failure? I now fantasize of having the whole house burn to the ground with an uncomfortable longing.

2. bedbugtakeover

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 25 2015 7:51:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Aww man, that sucks big time! Hang in there. You will get to the end of this nightmare. I do not know anything about vikane. Just sending support and encouragement. You can do it!

3. demonbugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 17 2016 15:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

SleeplessScaredSad - 1 year ago  » 
    Firstly, I'd like to say thank you to all who have shared their stories, fears, wisdom, humor and support on this site. It has been my only comfort in a time of upheaval, anxiety, fear and utter exhaustion...
    Following our horrifying discovery of a bedbug infestation we immediately had our house and garage tented with Vikane. We found several dead bugs following the fumigation and felt relieved. But within 72 hours of tent removal I found an adult (looked fed) female bedbug crawling energetically in our hallway. I also found what appears to be two juveniles (one of which was only half alive and struggling). I also have 4 bites that seem to have come out of thin air. How is this possible? We have taken abundant cautionary steps to avoid reinfestation. I have sprayed Temprid and installed mattress/box spring/pillow encasements. Everything has been washed and cooked in a dryer. We change our clothes outside before coming in the house, all shoes stay outside and we have thrown away a ton of stuff. I even bought all new living room furnature. I'm a phobic personality and a clean-freak and I feel utterly traumatized. Why me Lord? Will we ever be completely free of this nightmare or will the battle become a part of life? Could the Vikane have been a failure? I now fantasize of having the whole house burn to the ground with an uncomfortable longing.

How did this ever turn out for you?? We are battling this now. We haven't even started the professional treatment process.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,681 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982