Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Vikaine, Thermal, or K-9 in Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC?

(10 posts)
  1. losingmymindx5

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 10:13:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Does any one know of a PCO in Raleigh/Durham/Cary, NC that does thermal, vikaine, or has a K-9 for bedbugs?

We have had 5 chemical treatments one bedroom, 3 on 2 of the bedrooms, 2 on other bedrooms and family rooms, and 1 on common rooms. It is complicated why all the rooms are on different schedules. They are treating with multiple chemicals,steam, vaccuum,and dust. All the outlets were also dusted. I saw another bug on the sofa last night. I would like to just throw them away but don't know if it will do any good. I really am going crazy. I posted awhile back. We have a 5,000 square foot home on 3 floors and have 5 kids and 2 dogs.

I don't know how long I can keep living like this and was thinking one of the above methods could give us peace of mind.

2. hathead

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 10:50:54
    #

Login to Send PM

hello - i feel your pain - we had a similar situation: very large house (3200 sq. ft) 3 cats and a dog, and two miserably failed (the bites increased!!) pesticide treatments by a spray and pray guy. i can't imagine adding children to the mix!

our infestation was not heavy, but spread all over the house and no one could figure out where the bugs were until the beagle came (i know don't everyone get all mad now about the beagle - we found it helpful even though our guy doesn't open up the wall and show us the harborage..)
    and we ended up going with thermal instead of trying to play "find-the-bedbugs-with-as-much-poison-as-the-house-can-stand" as we are green and organic as they come. it broke our hearts to spray poison in our house but it was worse to shell out 800 bucks for nothing.

sorry i can't help with a recommendation, but i think you are moving in the right direction with a whole house treatment, and some guidance from K-9 (hope you get a good one though)

3. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 11:10:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Killingsworth Pest Control provides K9 services in North Carolina.

For Vikane gas fumigation, check with PCOs that are licensed for termite control. Check around to find a company that is experienced.

Check with Thermapure or Thermal Remediation to see if a franchise is located in your area.

Thermal or gas fumigation can be very expensive for a 5k square foot house.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 12:19:06
    #

Login to Send PM

DougSummersMS - 1 hour ago  » 
    For Vikane gas fumigation, check with PCOs that are licensed for termite control. Check around to find a company that is experienced.

We have read that 3x as much Vikane is needed for bed bugs as for termites, so it may go without saying, but this is just a reminder to make sure that a Vikane provider knows you are treating for bed bugs and not termites.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. dee

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 12:36:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi losingmymindx5,
    Killingsworth is the best company to call! I have actually just gotten my second treatment done about 30min ago. Wow, I thought I was the only one in Raleigh with bedbugs..I guess it just seems that way being that bb have taken over my life! They are really nice and understanding and most of all, they are proffesionals when it comes to bedbugs. About 3 weeks ago they had their k-9 (Ms. K) come out and sniff my place and it was evident that I had bb. The getting ready procedure is hell, but I kinda feel as if it is getting better.(I have gotten bit twice last week though) They answer all of your questions, and trust me I had and still have more questions. I also think it is a plus that they provide bb proof encasements for your bed, and they will definitly try to treat your furniture before you have to throw it out; thankgod it hasnt come to that for me! They will inform you about everything that is going on, and they wont keep you guessing. Im sorry that this is happenning to you in your home; I was actually a little lucky because I rent but Im still battling these critters!
    First they did the inspection, and they gave me 4days to prepare for the first treatment( it seems long, but it gave me enough time to prepare) I couldnt be home for the first treatment, but they vacuum throughly and encased my mattresses and sprayed my couches, tables, dressers, ect. I was present for the second treatment and I also had alot of questions but they repeated treatment, just not as harsh as the 1st time. Today was my 3rd treatment and I somewhat feel alittle better, but I dont think I would ever be the same! I have gotten bit twice last week and it scared the living daylights out of me but all I can do is pray!! I told the killimgs pco that I was planning on moving in March and he said to call them before to get the dog to sniff before I go. He also told me to let my LL know if I get anymore bites, but Im hoping I will never have to deal with this again!
    Good luck!

6. dee

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 12:40:08
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry I made a mistake!
    - I have just gotten my 3rd treatment done about 30 minutes ago!

7. losingmymindx5

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 13:36:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the all the advice. Funny how one little bug can completely change your life. We used to love to travel and we used to love our house.

We contacted Killingsworth. Problem is dog alerts to both dead and alive bugs. We know we have lots of dead ones. They do the same treatment as our current company so there is no advantage to switching companies. The question is it worth the money to have the dog come out and possibly clear some of the rooms?

We have had two different companies tell us that thermal is not an option here. The inside walls of the house are not made to withstand that kind of heat.

Don't know if we should try to find someone who does Vikaine or not. We don't have the money for it, would have to charge it.

Maybe we need to have faith in our current PCO and just keep plugging along. Sick of these bugs!

8. dee

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 14:24:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say stick it out for now. I know "stick it out" isnt what any of us want to hear, but people like me really donot have a choice. I too understand the pain that bb can cause; I threw away all of my personal posessions- I own a pair of flipflops, two pairs of jeans, and a couple of tanktops, and a day like this, I guess Im just dressed under the weather. I wait tables and Im in school parttime, and Im a single mother. I dont know what Im gonna do now that it is getting cold, because I have no clothes what so ever; the teachers at my son's school stare and whisper when they see me because Ive been wearing the same clothes for weeks; although, "we" know that they are washed everyday. This situation has caused me to become a hermit; Im also failing my classes due to stress. My so-called friends dont seem to understand; they take two steps back away from me and say" oh, it'll get better." They also beleive that bb only live in your bed and they beleive that I am exagerating about the amout of stress that I have been going through. The pco guy is the only one who can at least petend to understand the amout of stress this has caused. This situation definintly isnt fair to my son; I try to pretend like everything is o.k, but it is hard- I sit around like a zombie or cry hysterically! On the flip side, maybe God is going to bless us with new and better things-Im really praying for clothes and shoes to get through this cold weather:(

9. dee

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2009 14:26:16
    #

Login to Send PM

-oh yeah, and for these hellish critters to be gone

10. silversaturn

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 12 2009 16:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

losingmymindx5,
    did you ever find anyone to do the heat treatment in raleigh ?
    Or ever find a way to completely get rid of all your bed bugs ?

I found a company called Mcnelly pest control in winston...
    Number is 336-631-9494

if you have found anything here close to raleigh please let me know

Farfromhomeny@aol.com

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,122 posts in 45,452 topics over 138 months by 19,969 of 20,732 members. Latest: Ganonthecannon, Cass2369, Oceanside06