Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Very very suspicious stains on sheets. Appears to be blood and unnatural pattern

(9 posts)
  1. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 8:50:31
    #

Login to Send PM

So woke up to these stains on my white bedding, which we'd only bought a few days prior (don't worry, they were washed etc. and brand new). Though a bit difficult to see, the color is a not-super-bold rust color, splotchy in an area then trailed by along, perfectly straight line and a small splotch again at the end of that. This is on the bottom sheet. You have to look very close to see the faint line between the larger and much smaller splotches.

https://imgur.com/5eSZNYW

On the top sheet, there are also some small splotches which may have been around the same part of the bed as those on the bottom sheet (hard to tell as it was twisted during night).

https://imgur.com/OKlrPm7

Neither myself or my partner had cuts on our body; my partner is not on her period. I am wracking my mind to figure out what the hell these could be. I know blood can sometimes appear on beds for innocuous reasons, but the long straight line really has me stumped.

Living in NYC, we already had our mattress and box spring encased to be prudent. We've had friends with them years ago and generally are very careful. But obviously this would be a disaster regardless.

One thing is we either haven't been bitten or don't appear to have been (not reacting). 5 years ago, while staying at a gross hotel, I actually watched a bed bug climb on me and bite my chest. I ended up with a big welt, so I think I'd probably react if I was bitten -- though perhaps someone can advise on whether reactions are consistent or come and go. My partner tends to react quite strongly to mosquito bites (big welts) but not sure if that is relevant at all here. She too has no bites at the moment.

What do folks think this could be?

2. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 8:53:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry it seems like my post disappeared? - reposting it here. Sorry Mods if I'm doing this wrong...
    -------------

So woke up to these stains on my white bedding, which we'd only bought a few days prior (don't worry, they were washed etc. and brand new). Though a bit difficult to see, the color is a not-super-bold rust color, splotchy in an area then trailed by along, perfectly straight line and a small splotch again at the end of that. This is on the bottom sheet. You have to look very close to see the faint line between the larger and much smaller splotches.

https://imgur.com/5eSZNYW

On the top sheet, there are also some small splotches which may have been around the same part of the bed as those on the bottom sheet (hard to tell as it was twisted during night).

https://imgur.com/OKlrPm7

Neither myself or my partner had cuts on our body; my partner is not on her period. I am wracking my mind to figure out what the hell these could be. I know blood can sometimes appear on beds for innocuous reasons, but the long straight line really has me stumped.

Living in NYC, we already had our mattress and box spring encased to be prudent. We've had friends with them years ago and generally are very careful. But obviously this would be a disaster regardless.

One thing is we either haven't been bitten or don't appear to have been (not reacting). 5 years ago, while staying at a gross hotel, I actually watched a bed bug climb on me and bite my chest. I ended up with a big welt, so I think I'd probably react if I was bitten -- though perhaps someone can advise on whether reactions are consistent or come and go. My partner tends to react quite strongly to mosquito bites (big welts) but not sure if that is relevant at all here. She too has no bites at the moment.

What do folks think this could be?

3. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 14:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

What do these look like to folks? Dying here! Should I call an exterminator? This cannot be happening. Can't afford it.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 15:39:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything that would make me think bed bug, why do you suspect them?

5. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 15:52:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Because of the rust colored splotchy stain - seems to be blood - that appeared on both top and bottom sheet, and a line (trail) between the main splotch and a smaller one (this only appears on the bottom sheet, first picture). The line is so straight that I can't understand what would have caused it but a bug walking straight. The splotches meanwhile look like a little burst of blood. So you can see why I am suspicious. But hopefully I am just paranoid. Yet it's quite convincing in my mind...

Unless the color couldn't be a bed bug? What else would it be!

BigDummy - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I don't see anything that would make me think bed bug, why do you suspect them?

6. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 16:17:05
    #

Login to Send PM

OH MAN.

Update.

Just was looking over the bed again and noticed what appear to be blood stains on the side of the box spring encasement. Really suspicious smaller dots and a larger splotch. In the last photo you should also see a faint stain running up and down the side of the mattress. I also found this suspicious shell type thing - could it be from a bed bug?

ALBUM: https://imgur.com/a/OXyH3AC

Everything seems like it's adding up but no bites as of yet. I mean what the hell else would create this stain!

I play sports on turf, so I'm used to little pieces of rubber etc. being around. Not sure if that's what all the black things are in the photograph. Please check out the Album!!

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 16:49:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I could mail you some bed bugs if you'd like, but I'm still not seeing anything that would make me suspect them.

8. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 17:13:36
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I could mail you some bed bugs if you'd like, but I'm still not seeing anything that would make me suspect them.

Yea? Just can't figure out what this is then!!

What you're saying is heartening, though (not the part about sending them).

9. whatsthis77

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 19:25:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone else have any thoughts? I'm totally stumped. blood stains in weird places appear out of the blue?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,321 posts in 46,772 topics over 142 months by 20,637 of 21,521 members. Latest: cafeidon, bmccabe, Anon_StillTheyCome