Very strange fecal matter question

(8 posts)
  1. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 19:19:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Haven't posted in a while. My worry that we had a BB infestation was assuaged when our booklice went away.

Now I'm worried. I got bit on my hand last week, and again last night. 2 bites this time next to each other. No signs of bugs around the bed. When I lifted off the sheets as well as our foam mattress pad, I noticed these two black dots underneath our mattress pad.

What are the chances that I was bit and that the bug traveled underneath the sheets and the foam pad to get fecal matter on the mattress? Wouldn't that be unlikely? One thing I'm sure of is that these dots were not there six months ago.

Thanks for your thoughts
    -D

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Untitled<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 20:01:30
    #

Login to Send PM

ScaredChicagoRes - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Haven't posted in a while. My worry that we had a BB infestation was assuaged when our booklice went away.
    Now I'm worried. I got bit on my hand last week, and again last night. 2 bites this time next to each other. No signs of bugs around the bed. When I lifted off the sheets as well as our foam mattress pad, I noticed these two black dots underneath our mattress pad.
    What are the chances that I was bit and that the bug traveled underneath the sheets and the foam pad to get fecal matter on the mattress? Wouldn't that be unlikely? One thing I'm sure of is that these dots were not there six months ago.
    Thanks for your thoughts
    -D

If someone could weigh in, I'd be so grateful.

What's my best plan of action for confirmation: Bed bug blue, or a passive monitor?

-D

3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 21:09:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug blue for that. Hopefully an expert will tell you if it looks like fecal, but Bed bug Blue is what you use to test fecal.

4. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 23:14:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I've ordered it. Along with one of David's monitors.

Will probably arrive in 3-5 days.

For the time being, thoughts from any experts? I appreciate your time, here. I realize there's not much to go on.

-D

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 23:23:27
    #

Login to Send PM

ScaredChicagoRes,
    I hope it's not bed bug related. Where did you order those things? I ordered a mattress encasement from US Bed Bugs and it came the next day.

6. ScaredChicagoRes

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 23:47:42
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 22 minutes ago  » 
    ScaredChicagoRes,
    I hope it's not bed bug related. Where did you order those things? I ordered a mattress encasement from US Bed Bugs and it came the next day.

That's the place. And thanks. I hope so, too. It's just the bites I found have me slightly curious. Something tells me I'd be seeing more signs if it were BB, but what do I know. My BF isn't concerned at all. But he tends to be overly cavalier lol.

7. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Dec 11 2016 23:54:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm also in Chicago and know how stressful this can be. I also don't know if I have bed bugs but am worried about it.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Dec 12 2016 3:47:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The appearance of the marks is close enough to test with Bed Bug Blue but it's in an odd location. Simply put bed bugs are more likely to defecate before squeezing into a space and not inside the space itself. This is one of the features of my Passive Monitoring system.

There I would suggest you test with blue if you are concerned and install a Passive Monitor for ongoing detection and potentially resolution of a small issue.

I would however expect the Blue result to be negative.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956