Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Vent/rant. Bite ID

(2 posts)
  1. slothslothsloth

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Jul 18 2018 21:28:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone.

Quick backstory. Lived in a place that had carpet beetles for several months. They were everywhere. I honestly felt traumatized... the constant vacuuming and the constant checking. I moved home at the end of May. Parents think I’m batshit crazy cuz I was so worried about finding them here. History of anxiety.

Well, I haven’t seen any carpet beetles. And I started to relax after about 4 weeks, doing weekly washing of my bedding as well as vacuuming.

HOWEVER, here we are today, My dad stayed at a nice hotel from 7/8 through 7/11. Due to the posts I’ve read on here and the info I gathered, all I can think about is if my dad brought home bedbugs from the hotel. Now I have never thought about bedbugs and stayed at multiple hotels/lived in several apartments in my 20-something-years. Yet I still feel extremely anxious. I have checked my sheets every single day since he’s come back and can not find anything. No fecal stains. No bugs. No blood. Lift up my mattress and I still see nothing. Checked dads sheets. More nothing. This morning I woke up and felt itching at the back of my neck and it’s continued to itch throughout the day. And now I am for sure I have bugs. I know I have seen frequent spiders and some type of moth in this house but that’s about it. I have not seen any other significant spots on my body. I have “thin” skin in general as I tend to get scrapes/scratches/bruises easy.

Don’t know what to do at this point. When I still thought I had carpet beetles my legs would itch constantly. But I noticed when I stopped worrying about them it subsided. But this seems like evidence to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

If you’re still reading this... thank you.

Neck pic:

https://flic.kr/p/29czUqJ

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jul 19 2018 8:53:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin lesions should never be used to determine a bed bug infestation. Live samples, cast skins and fecal deposits are what you should be looking for. If it eats it poops.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82