Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

vapamore attachments flying off?

(6 posts)
  1. mangycur

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Feb 6 2010 17:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

hey all. I just used my new vapamore for the first time. I generally like it but it's a lot of work. my main point in writing about it is that the attachments kept flying off! it was obnoxious. And the detail nozzle actually broke. when I added an extention tube the problem stopped. has anyone else had this experience? I was able to get the detail nozzle to work with the extention tube, but it makes me wonder if i got a slightly imperfect one from the factory. Cheers!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Feb 7 2010 2:00:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have seen a number of people who had used this steamer, but don't think I have heard this before.

Maybe wchicago or twitchyscratchy will have some feedback on this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Feb 7 2010 10:52:01
    #

Login to Send PM

hi mangy

every now and again my vapamore attachments will also fly off, but this is usually when i have the steam pressure setting on high AND i haven't fully connected them together. i agree its annoying, but i think - in my case anyway-it is operator error (i'm not always as careful as i should be when changing tips).
    in your case, given it never happens with the extension on (whereas mine does occasionally, again implying its me rather than the machine), you might have something faulty at the non-extension tip which makes it harder to connect the attachments? with some attachments though, i thought you had to use at least one extension, according to the manual, to even connect them correctly?
    at any rate, if they are flying off all the time, its probably the machine not you. if they are only flying off occasionally, especially if under high pressure, it might be you just didn't click them in all the way.
    maybe call vapamore and see what they say. at the very least, they should send you a new detail tip!
    happy steaming!

4. mangycur

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Feb 9 2010 12:26:14
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks wchicago! i was using the fabric attachment to hit my mattress. I didn't think i'd need an extention for that. I kept trying to click the attachments on over and over I would shove it on, make it click. Then I'd try to use it and it would fly off. Over and over. Very frustrating. But i think that I got the job done ok once I added the extension hose.

5. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 3 2010 20:26:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I know this thread is old but in case anyone searches info on this steamer...........

Tried my new Vapamore today for first time - there is one piece that you have to put on and then turn a 1/4 turn - before I figured that out my attachment kept flying off at full force as well.

Not sure if that is the same problem mangycur had, but for me it was because of that - not putting it on and then giving it a turn. After that, it has seemed fine so far.

6. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Oct 3 2010 20:49:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I had pieces flying off too, and I did the quarter turn thing. Also have read about the problem before from others. That said, it's a good value compared to other steamers costing two to three times more. A good value in that I only used it three or four times and doubt I will be using it much more, as I got it specifically for bed bugs and frankly steaming is a lot more tedious than the videos make it out to be. But if I planned on using a steamer on a regular basis I would definitely spring for more bucks and get one of the professional models.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19