Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Vacuuming

(6 posts)
  1. stardog32

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 24 2017 9:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

How much vacuuming is too much vacuuming? My PCO said to do it every other day but I think he just said that because he knew I'd be vacuuming 24 hours a day if he didn't say that.

I just can't vacuum anymore. The actual vacuuming, the rinsing of the vacuum canister, filter, and parts, the hoping that one of the evil bugs didn't escape......But I know I have to vacuum. So over this.

2. Lllo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 24 2017 14:18:40
    #

Login to Send PM

We were also told to vacuum every other day. Two treatments vacuuming and we're clear. It has been just about 4 months

3. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 24 2017 17:49:14
    #

Login to Send PM

@Lllo were you just supposed to vacuum carpets, or did you vacuum where harborages were or something?

4. stardog32

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 24 2017 20:21:38
    #

Login to Send PM

@barelyliving that is a great question. I hope someone gives guidance on it.

I've been vacuuming the ceiling,, ceiling crevices, carpet to wall crevices, inside and outside furniture, ceiling fans, ceiling vents, floors...sometimes walls too. I want to run the vacuum over our electronics but don't know that it will do any good. I don't know that any of what I'm doing is doing any good...

5. Lllo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 25 2017 0:36:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We vacuumed floors and furniture. PCO also vacuumed, steamed and used dragnet. Between treatments, which were 2 weeks apart we vacuumed every other day. We removed the fabric from the box spring and the 1 couch which was infested and vacuumed inside as well. My last bite was mid November and our second treatment was December 1
    BB Alert monitors on beds and couch since mid December and all clear.

6. Xoxo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Mar 27 2017 20:20:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a question actually. Do you clean the actual brush of the vacuum?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,696 posts in 50,018 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur