Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

vacuum, furniture , Tv, stuff like that.

(6 posts)
  1. freaked out in brooklyn

Deleted Account *do not PM*

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 6:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had the landlords pco twice. Next time, I am hiring my own...Still see some bites, but, I am not sure the are in my head or what. The Landlord wants to see an actual live bug.He did not do the neighbors and the original infestation started on the 4th floor where they let off a BOMB.
    I have changed the vacuum bags after use. But I am afraid now they are in the hose or rest of the vacuum parts something. I put them in a plastic sealed bag and sprayed hardware store store bought PC.I am planning on leaving in a while. I wonder if some one can tell me what to use to spray on some furniture TV. , vacuum, maybe shoes and leave in a air tight bag for a week or so. I am afraid to open these items up. What is a good safe spray we can by in New York.... I have been washing the floors with Murphy's oil soap, maybe I should give them a good wax coat ant seal in the cracks with wax.
    Put some of the DE in the light switches. Sorry if all that has been written here already. I am kind scattered and sleep deprived as we all are. As well as cleaning up this place, I may lose. I don't want to take with me...

Any one heard of NEEM oil. I bet God gave us some natural plant to repel these villians...

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 8:06:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just to jump in and point out an obvious one, but the obvious does need to be pointed out at times. DO NOT USE liquid products near electrical appliances unless you are planning on leaving them to dry out for a long long time before use. Any liquid and electricity is not a good combination.

That aside I have used the same cleaner for the last 12 months including some very extreme infestations. Its a bagless one so at the end of the job I wash it through with near boiling hot water and wash the contents down the toilet. Although there is a risk that they will be in the pipes of the cleaner as I always suck in 60 seconds of air before turning it off if they are in there then they are strong and to be honest from what I have seen its not that feasible. It would be akin to you being able to hold on to a lamppost while the eye of a tornado passed directly through you.

I know its harder to do than to say but if possible try to remain calm and focused. Stress will not eradicate your bed bugs but logical and methodical checking and control will.

Regards,

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. freaked out in brooklyn

Deleted Account *do not PM*

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 9:30:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Any sugestions on spraying on furniture?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 9:54:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes speak to your PCO. There are different products int he UK to the US so I cant comment on chemical strategies.

David

5. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 31 2008 10:31:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I have at times after using the vacuum suck up a small amount of DE which will put some DE into the hose and into the bag.
    I would not use allot for fear of possibly damage to the vacuum.

6. countmeout

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 8:00:38
    #

Login to Send PM

What about the cleaning of shoes? If I missed this info on other posts would someone mind directing me to the right place

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982