Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Vacuum

(5 posts)
  1. Britt21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 11:41:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been vacuuming daily in our bedroom out of precaution, not necessity. We haven't been given a clean bill of health from our pest control company but they are extremely confident our bugs are cleared up. I'm still freaked out and am now stressed that they are living in my vacuum. Besides cleaning the canister, what else can I or should I do? Can they wedge up in the ridges of the hose?

2. zelchbug

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 21:11:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Britt21 - 9 hours ago  » 
    I've been vacuuming daily in our bedroom out of precaution, not necessity. We haven't been given a clean bill of health from our pest control company but they are extremely confident our bugs are cleared up. I'm still freaked out and am now stressed that they are living in my vacuum. Besides cleaning the canister, what else can I or should I do? Can they wedge up in the ridges of the hose?

If you're cleaning the canister immediately after vacuuming I wouldn't be worried about them hiding in the hose. I used my shop vac and used to spray Ecologic in right before I shut it down, not sure if I'd do that with a nice vacuum though. Hopefully your PCO is coming back soon and gives you some peace of mind.

3. mannrw61

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 4 2018 11:22:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I always lay down a little pile of cimexa and vacuum that up before going on a vacuuming spree. That way, if you happen to get anything alive in the vacuum, it should hit cimexa and die within a day or two.

Current fighter of bed bugs, survivor of one previous bout of bed bugs, and ironically enough I'm the IPM manager where I work.
  4. Britt21

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 4 2018 16:12:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I dont have cimexa but I do have DE. Could I use that?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 4 2018 16:39:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Britt21 - 26 minutes ago  » 
    I dont have cimexa but I do have DE. Could I use that?

DE is more abrasive and over time will ruin the vacuum.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,173 posts in 46,246 topics over 140 months by 20,386 of 21,217 members. Latest: VAhouse, dontpanic, Koroifox