Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Use of Nuvan

(3 posts)
  1. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 14 2012 17:43:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Folks,

Just wanted to add some comments about the use of Nuvan ProStrips:

> ALWAYS READ & FOLLOW PESTICIDE LABEL INSTRUCTIONS !

> The active ingredient in Nuvan strips is DDVP (aka dichlorvos . . .) and is an OP type insecticide.

> DDVP in various formulations including pest strips has been on the market since the 1960s.

> The AI works as a vapor. The vapor volitalizes from the strip slowly over time.

> The vapor does NOT penetrate surfaces as does a fumigant gas.

> The vapors can enter open cracks and crevices, voids and pourous surfaces where it can kill hidden insects including bed bugs.

> The vapors are NOT magic. if there is too much clutter or too much stuff in the way the vapors may never contact or travel to where the pests are hiding and your results may be hampered.

> DDVP is effective against all life stages of bed bugs given adequate exposure.

> As with any pesticide product, when using Nuvan it is important that the vapors have access to the pests to attain optimal results.

> Can you kill bed bugs using just Pest Strips? Yes, but ONLY those that are exposed to the vapors.

> Can I use DDVP to kill bed bugs in electronics or other items sealed into a bag or container with the pest strips? Yes, but the container should be sealed and NOT over stuffed with materials such that there is no head space or air space where the strips will be able to move around inside the container.

Please note tha I have a professional affiliation with the manufacturer of Nuvan Prostrips.

However, my responsibilities include being an industry stweard to assure that pesticide products are used properly and efficaciously.

If you have questions regarding the use of this product or any other questions I am pleased to reply to you and, in answering such questions my responsibility is to you.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue May 15 2012 0:58:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I chew on them like taffy?

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue May 15 2012 1:04:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Paul.

Please note that many experts here don't recommend the use of DDVP strips. I am not taking a position on that either way, but people should be aware of this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982