URGENT - SUPER WORRIED - [a: dirt, not fecal stain]

(6 posts)
  1. JCBBCheck

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 4 2013 16:49:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Can someone please assist me in ID'ing these marks on my bed bug protector mattress encasement ASAP please?

Background: I found 1 bed bug a few days ago in a laundry bag I brought up from the communal laundry room, but saw it and caught it before I had a chance to fully open the bag, or put away my laundry and spread any more bugs that might have been in the bag (or so I hope). I immediately took the laundry back downstairs, checked the washers and dryers for bugs first, then washed/dried my laundry on hot three times each before putting it away. The next day, an exterminator came out and did a thorough visual inspection and said he didn't detect any bed bugs. But then today I was checking my mattress and box spring for any signs of them, and saw all of these marks, which I don't believe were there last Monday when the inspection happened. I've been sleeping without sheets, just on the mattress encasement for days, because it's white and I wanted to see if any bed bug signs followed the one I found--if there might be others. (I have encasements on the box spring, mattress, my comforter and pillows.) The marks below are from the encasement on the box spring (on the corners). I am hopeful but not optimistic that the marks came from the encasement rubbing against the metal/wood parts of my bed below, since there was a black mark in the middle of the encasement on the bottom where it rubbed against the metal hinge on my bed frame/support. But not all the marks are from areas where the frame touched the encasement. In addition, I woke up yesterday with three bites on my left leg, about 3 inches apart each, which I'm unsure how I got. I live in an area with a high mosquito population and I'm hoping they are just mosquito bites. I don't believe bed bug bites are usually so far apart? (I know from other posts it's not possible to ID the source of the bites from a photo, but given the rest I thought I'd mention it just in case.)

Please help me ID these marks as bed bug marks or not ASAP? I am a very anxious person normally and my stress level is through the roof over this! Thank you in advance so very, very much for your help!

2. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Aug 4 2013 16:57:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert, they are the ones to ID things

But to me this look like dirt (the sort of thing you drag in with your feet without noticing) and stains that have nothing to do with bed bugs simply because they are way too large

I had bed bugs for a long time saw many fecal marks but nothing like that

Let's see what the experts think

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 5 2013 12:19:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Drawing this one to attention.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 5 2013 12:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes its dirt not faecal, the density of colour is not write for faecal and the over all size and deposition shape.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. JCBBCheck

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 5 2013 15:12:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, thank you so very much for your time and expertise! I can't tell you how grateful I am. This website is a God-send for anxious and scared people like myself. Thank you again and bless you David and colleagues!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Aug 5 2013 23:13:18
    #

Login to Send PM

JCBB,
    Thanks for your kind words.
    Please spread the word about the site and about bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993