URGENT HELP, I'M LOSING IT.

(5 posts)
  1. eru

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 11 2015 15:41:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone, I have a pest problem and a phobia for any kind of an insect and i am desperate at this moment. First of all, almost a week ago, when I took my dad's suit from his wardrobe, i started to examine tiny white dots, thinking that they are probably lint or dust. Then I saw one, crawling. I started to check some other black clothes from the same wardrobe and I found some more tiny white bugs (seriously so small that it is almost impossible to spot, for example it is not bigger than this dot here -> .) and then I went to my room checked my wardrobe, I found some on my black clothes. There were probably some on my white clothes but i couldn't spot them. And I started to cry and panic and after examining the whole house I found some in a wooden drawer in the kitchen too. My mother and I washed all the clothes and wiped down everything in a room, I sprayed an insect-killer which is quite affective for any kind of an insect. And THEY DID NOT DISSAPPEAR. I've been searching through internet to find an answer and the closest answer I've got was that they might be mold mites. We have a mold and damp problem since the building is too old. I live in Turkey and there are not entomologists serving for pest problems in here and I've spoken to some exterminators and they said that they didn't know that kind of an insect but they could come and spray some insecticide. I dont know how to handle this problem but i'm quite sure that these whie bugs will survive through the insecticide they use. So if there is anyone who experienced something familiar or have an advice, that'd be perfect because there aren't many blogs in my mother tongue about bugs so like i said i am TOTALLY DESPERATE. I can't wear my clothes without ironing them at the hottest degree even though they are already cleaned and ironed. The idea of carrying these little fellas on me is driving me crazy and I am tired of investigating every surface that I touch and watching every little white dots and waiting to see if they move or not. No matter what we did, we still couldnt get rid of them because an hour ago I found one on my black coat. They are everywhere. So please help and advise me. Thank you!

2. eru

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 11 2015 15:46:35
    #

Login to Send PM

And by the way, I dont spot any of them in open places like sofa, armchairs, tables or beds. They are only in wardrobes and drawers in other words, dark and airless places.

3. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 11 2015 22:16:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

I understand that the uncertainty of your situation is very frustrating and it can make your head spin. So let's focus on first things first.

You need to find out what kind of insect it is before anything else, and you can do that here.

Take some close-up pictures at the highest resolution and post them here. Then one of the experts on the forum can give you their professional opinion on what it really is.

This post will tell you how to post a picture to get an ID

Keep checking back until an expert/pro weighs in to tell you what is.

Please stop spraying anything until you know what you're dealing with. There is no spray that is "effective on all bugs", so you could end up making things worse.

Hang in there,
    Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  4. eru

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 3:04:03
    #

Login to Send PM

FormerlyBuggy - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi
    I understand that the uncertainty of your situation is very frustrating and it can make your head spin. So let's focus on first things first.
    You need to find out what kind of insect it is before anything else, and you can do that here.

Take some close-up pictures at the highest resolution and post them here. Then one of the experts on the forum can give you their professional opinion on what it really is.
    This post will tell you how to post a picture to get an ID
    Keep checking back until an expert/pro weighs in to tell you what is.
    Please stop spraying anything until you know what you're dealing with. There is no spray that is "effective on all bugs", so you could end up making things worse.
    Hang in there,
    Melanie

Hey Melanie, thank you so much for replying. I tried to take a picture of them but since they are very very tiny they just seemed like dust. I'll try again with a better-quality equipment but i'm afraid The result will be the same. However thank you so much again.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 15:52:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If the creatures are really as small as a speck of dust, they are not bed bugs.

I am sending you a private message about an option for getting an ID. You can view it here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/pm.php

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,004 posts in 49,869 topics over 154 months by 21,823 of 22,291 members. Latest: Lzrdeyes, bnorth, Nl9045