Help Identifying Please [a: beetle]

(8 posts)
  1. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 22:09:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I tried to join both flickr and photobucket to post my photos, but neither of them worked on mobile, and I'm terrified to bring my laptop back on my bed.

I let someone sleep over who then went to tell me later on that their building was infested with bedbugs. I am not friends with this person anymore

I started finding these weird rust coloured stains on my white blanket, and I didn't have a matress protector on my bed. I also started noticing some little black dots but wasn't sure what they were either.

No bites at all, I've been eaten alive by bedbugs before so I know that I am extremely extremely allergic to their bites.

Thought I was in the all clear by precaution cleaning every day but last night at 5 AM I noticed a bug crawling up my arm. It didn't look like a bedbug, it and wasn't really clear like a nymph, but it has long legs, but six of them. It wasn't shaped like a bedbug at all, I've seen some and looked at a bunch of photos. I Inspected my matress and only found what kind of looked like dust mites...? Little baby caterpillars or something? And sheds of those. They were definitely NOT bedbugs!

I immediately went and washed all my clothing, dried everything on hot for 60 min, put on a matress and pillow protectors ( although my box spring is still uncovered. Isolated my bed.

I am terrified, I just want to make sure this is what I think it is.

My roommate is extremely nonchalant and is not taking the situation seriously at all. I realize these aren't the best photos but they're the best I can do this evening. Again please excuse the link. Please help!! Thank you, SO much!!

http://share.pho.to/9fqzr/fz/original
    http://share.pho.to/9fqzr/m4/original
    http://share.pho.to/9fqzr/d6/original

2. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 22:30:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone? Scared to go to sleep

3. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 23:03:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi GypsyBug,

The quality of the photos isn't that good, but maybe one of the pros can tell you something. They quite amaze me sometimes. One will be along soon, but probably not till tomorrow.

In the meantime, try to get some rest. You said yourself it doesn't look like a bed bug and you haven't had any bites, so I don't think there's any real reason to worry.

I hope this helps,
    Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  4. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 23:31:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much! I'll try my best. Haven't got a good nights rest in 4 days!

5. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 27 2015 6:49:33
    #

Login to Send PM

GypsyBug - 7 hours ago  » 
    Thanks so much! I'll try my best. Haven't got a good nights rest in 4 days!

UPDATE :

This morning on some tape attatched to my window fan i found this little guy. Kinda looks a bit similar to bedbug shape, but it had wings (which I accidentally ripped off while trying to get a sample)

What is this thing??

Is it possible that what I found beforehand is from these bugs and not bedbugs ? (Stains etc)

Whatever this thing is, is it possible they have nymphs that resemble what I found in the first pics I posted here?

Sorry for all the questions and o REALLY appreciate all the help. IVe heard really good things about this website :)!

http://share.pho.to/9fu1T/rj/original

http://share.pho.to/9fu1T/0w/original

6. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 27 2015 13:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone ???? Lol

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 27 2015 14:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a beetle, maybe one of the dermestids. Pictures are small and zooming in degrades them.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. GypsyBug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 27 2015 16:06:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Confirmed carpet beetles, I found a live one. Is it possible they made those stains?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19