Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Urgent expert ID needed! Cast skin and egg? Also a (probably not) bug?

(6 posts)
  1. ElisaR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 8:08:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey! I started yesterday a conversation about possible bed bugs. My pics of feces, brown stains and possible egg turned out not to be bed bug related. But how about this first pics skin? is it bed bug cast or something else? I myself think it is not the right shape, but I don't trust myself anymore .. And for me, the egg in the lower left corner of the pic is too orange to be bed bug? Is it even egg? I'm going crazy here, thinking about bugs and what the hell is casting in my bed .. not very calm to go to bed at night.

http://aijaa.com/VpTGNA
    http://aijaa.com/BkLOh2
    The thing in second pic is about size of a match head, and the possible cast in first picture about 1/8 of size of a match head. And they both were on top of my blancet, found about 4pm. If this info helps. I've found about 4 of those cast-like pieces of skin (?) and one has had black in the assumed anus-area. None of them have had any type of head. And I can't see any legs either. So am I just paranoid now?

Not an expert! Just one really easily anxious and extremely paranoid person. I try to help, mainly focusing on the psychological side of bb's. Haven't had an infestation myself. I have experience of carpet beetles though. Many years actually, I lived in a house full of them.
  2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 11:04:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related that I can see.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. ElisaR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 21 2017 11:17:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Lou ! And sorry for the panicking, I just hate the idea of having any kind of bugs in my room, or bed .. I share a room with a bunny so that makes me super careful Do you have any idea what those skins could be?

I have been diagnosed with dermatographia, so all kind of itchy feelings and bumps on the skin are not a reliable sign for me. That's why I might be overthinking, after all my skin isn't the basic skin that would tell if if I got bitten or what.

Oh btw, we had carpet beetles in our old house (we moved about a year ago). I haven't seen them here, but I do vacuum every day 'cause of my bunny. So could those skins be carpet beetles? We had such a huge house that the PCO said that there was no point in getting rid of them by poisoning. Only thing we could do was washing our clothing, blankets etc and keep them in clean plastic boxes when not in use.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 4:54:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't really see any skins. Looks like debris.

5. ElisaR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 6:49:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, thank you ! I'm sorry for this phobia-like behavior. I guess some therapy would be good for me to get rid of this fear, its getting already in the way of normal life .. I guess checking your bed every morning and evening, ad vacuuming daily around the bed is not normal anymore I literally feel my heart bounding when I see a trash. Totally in need of professional help already.

6. ElisaR

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 22 2017 7:09:03
    #

Login to Send PM

And, where would the debris come from? Could that big pieces come of my skin? It does not seem to be dry, and I (have to) moisturise every night because of my dermatographia so it should't be dry either.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula