Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

update on my upcoming Vikane and move

(4 posts)
  1. Adele

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 16 2008 11:51:47
    #

Login to Send PM

WOw - i am soooo glad that I posted and asked for opinions - and VERY VERY grateful for everyone's responses - especially Doug, Paula & Ivbeenbugged

I canceled the treatment with the company I was going to hire and called bedbugs & beyond - oh my GOd - what a difference

I had a lengthy conversation with Donna and explained my situation - she told me that it was entirely possible that the last fumigation did not work because the company had me keep my stuff in plastic bags and just open the top to the bag

she said that you really take a chance with the vikane penetrating all the way through the contents of the extra large garbage bag if the stuff is in the plastic bag even if the top is open. She said also that the car may still be infested because I kept the bags in the trunk after the fumigation

Plus their prices were about half as much so I can fumigate my car and the truck for less than what this company is charging me for the truck alone

AND bedbugs & beyond has a 3 month guarantee - there was NO guarantee from the other company

Done now - but I am angry that I was taken advantage of and feel like I've been duped

God I want to scream now - I spent thousands so far and all i want is for these creepy things to be gone - but so far i've just been taken advantage of

anyway - thank you Bedbuggers for your support and help

I am hiring bedbugs & beyond to do the fumigation of both my car and the moving truck and they will keep it for a few days - only because of my schedule

Boy what a difference talking to Donna - I paid that other company nearly 3 thousand to fumigate my stuff & car and apartment and they made me feel like I was bothering them - and like I was some kind of a kook that I don't have bedbugs because they never saw them in my apartment

(i recently caught a few live adults after 4 exterminations & elimination or fumigation of ALL of my stuff already)

there's something wrong here

but anyway - hopefully this ordeal will be over

again my sincerest gratitude to all of you - can you imagine with all I've been through and the fumigation did not work?

Adele

2. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jun 21 2008 0:00:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Adele
    I have been fumigagted three times and have one thermal treatment and I saw a live bug again too so I am still working on it. I am still getting bit.... Everyone person that I have worked with and have payed thinks that I am a bit cookoo....that is my experience.
    I am still living here for fear that I will bring it else where. All of my family and friends that I am visitng with ziplocs and alcohol spray think I am crazy. I am starting to feel shame from their looks. This is very very difficult for me and I am preying, meditating and hoping that this will end. I am beginning to think that it will never end.

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jun 21 2008 8:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

What Adele means by fumigation...is Vikane fumigation, not traditional PCO treatments. Fogging is not good in most cases from my understanding. Structural fumigation or chamber fumigating your personal items before a move is much different. Look up Vikane fumigation on Dows website for more information on that. I think you may be thinking that a professional PCO treatment is the same as fumigation?

4. Adele

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jun 23 2008 18:25:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, Paula

Heartattack - I prey for you - as I do everyone (including myself) for quick and peacefull end to these creatures

I am very grateful for this forum

4 days and couting to fumigation. I purchased my "safe" clothes and have them triple bagged and stored in my bathtub

I joke to my friends that I am planning my escape from prison!!!

By the way - Pest Away packed my things this weekend - they did a SUPERB job - they were very professional and courteous

great recommendation!!!

Adele

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams