Update on my situation!

(2 posts)
  1. Ash225

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 23 2019 14:51:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short. We noticed bedbugs about 3+ months ago. It’s been what i believe a light infestation. We have found about 7 actual bugs in total. We have been deep cleaning every 10-14 days for the last 45-60 days or so. It wasnt until a little over a month ago that i noticed they were in yhe couch, not just our bed. And i think that has made all the difference.

Other than deep cleaning, we have also placed passive monitors on both the bed and couch,and we have used diatomaceous earth. There for awhile i was still getting the usual bites 1-4x per week. In the last 30 days, since we started to also concentrate on the couch, i have only had one bite! I know that is not a great way to tell whats going on. But for me, its such a relief.we have found one bug during that time as well. But no new fecal stains or cast skins since then. I’m hoping this means we are nearing the end of our debacle. At what point can i feel like we are definitely clear of them?

Thanks so much

2. SalsaVince

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat Feb 23 2019 18:42:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Great news Ash! Yes, I think finding where they are living is the key to wiping them out. And the good thing about them is that they seem to be pretty predictable in 99% of early stage cases. They seem to be on or immediately next to the bed or living room furniture. Even if you get another bite or see a bug or 2, the fact that their activity has dropped off that much has got to mean you're almost there. Keep up the good work!

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45